€ Steam Users - Why pay more :o)

Caporegime
lol trolling?

And no the way games are published etc differs in each region, which is why Europe so regularly gets screwed.

Soldato
And no the way games are published etc differs in each region, which is why Europe so regularly gets screwed.

So in Ireland I get a different version of the game than someone in England? Nope, it's exactly same.

I do get charged double on regular occasions though, so I'm very thankful for Gimpy for providing a way around it.

Given how much he's going out of his way to help, I also have the manners not to try to derail his thread.

Soldato
OP
Go on then.

£8 is a deal.

You shouldnt have to pay gift fees though although they do charge something like 10p for an "International" gift.

Let us know your Steam ID/Steam email.

Soldato
tar. mail sent to trust and gmail. do you want payment to gmail addy?

edit - payment sent, cheers james. will update trust when home

Last edited:
Soldato
Go on then.

£8 is a deal.

You shouldnt have to pay gift fees though although they do charge something like 10p for an "International" gift.

Let us know your Steam ID/Steam email.

How can you change the prices ? not questioning you but have i miss understood the thread ?

Caporegime
So in Ireland I get a different version of the game than someone in England? Nope, it's exactly same.

No but they had to go through different legal systems to get permission to sell it.

And as they will sell less copies they have to put the price up to make up for the differences, just like the uk pays more than the usa.

Associate
No but they had to go through different legal systems to get permission to sell it.

And as they will sell less copies they have to put the price up to make up for the differences, just like the uk pays more than the usa.

It's just steam, it's a joke.

BFBC2 €50 on steam, €36 on Impulse, €40 in my local shop.
Bioshock 2/Sup Comm 2: €50 on steam, €35 in local shop.
Mass Effect 2: €50 on steam, €40 in local shop.

Soldato

So how come the hard copies aren't more expensive in the EU then? For example, the retail price for MOH in Germany is 43 euros which is £35, exactly the same as in the UK (ignoring the cheap deals available). I'd love to hear what Steam's reasons are for the price differences.

Could EU dudes not just use a proxy in the UK to get UK prices from steam?

Soldato
..your probably genuine but sending a PayPal payment to someone i don't know doesn't sit well with me ......

Nobody's asking you to do it are they, so dont. I think if Moo was using scammed paypal payments to fund his drug habit, he'd have been rumbled by now.

Unless the mods are in on it and this thread is heavily sensored... hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom