Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Just a quick one, but is this a standalone game (if I buy a physical copy), or does it require Steam? Sort of thing my kids would be interested in (and don't want them all having steam accounts or sharing mine at present)

Is it worth getting the Gold Edition as well?

I've decided that I'll buy Scandinavia DLC tonight and install some mods. Mods I'm thinking about installing are:

Maps:
ProMods
Rus Map
Poland Rebuilding

Scenery:
True Lights AI Cars and Environment
Company Logos

Weather:
(Any recommendations?)

Traffic:
(Any recommendations?)
Should I just use the Jazzycat mods?

I've decided that I'll buy Scandinavia DLC tonight and install some mods. Mods I'm thinking about installing are:

Maps:
ProMods
Rus Map
Poland Rebuilding

Scenery:
True Lights AI Cars and Environment
Company Logos

Weather:
(Any recommendations?)

Traffic:
(Any recommendations?)
Should I just use the Jazzycat mods?

Is that a good sim? Not tried that one.

Same here. I love ETS2, but it's way more than I'm prepared to pay for DLC. Hopefully it will pop up on a good sale at some point.

So in my quest to starting my own company, I have drawn up a draft copy of my logo. I feel it is ready (or minor changes) to be designed properly and added to the game :cool:

I always struggle finding any good names but then sometimes out of nowhere, one pops in my head that doesn't sound too bad. After I had decided on the name, I had some sort of idea on what the logo would look like, so I'm happy with what I've come up with.

Last edited:
Bump but been playing this over the weekend as it was the price of a pint.

Stuck the MP mod on and enjoyed having a little convoy with other people rather than driving around on my own.

Does anyone here play the MP and if so has OCUK got it's own VTC?

Recently got the Logitech G920 wheel, However on this game when my truck is idle with the wheel centered not moving or anything it's making a lot of noise with vibration etc.. Is this normal?, Do I need to tweak the FFB it's at default.

Only 20 hours in so far ( though I did log over 150 on the 'free download' rofl.

Really enjoying the quiet chill - though I may ahve made a small mistake in getting uk cab's. meh my choice any way :)

v good game made excellent with the dk2. Graphics very very immersive...moreso than Elite imo. a wheel and a vr headset = fabulous. Using the latest oculus runtime and latest EU2 build. Occasionally get black flashes but its mainly fine. Though i have to turn some settings down to get it to be smooth.

It would be even better when modding support works with the dk2 (or cv1) including the MP mod.

But i cant wait to play this in the CV1. (game needs higher res)

i would like the noise of other passing trucks to be louder but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom