Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Bought a G290 with gearstick over the weekend and tried with ATS and it was good.

Deffo gonna get ETS2 and a load of texture mods/maps/car packs and give it a go.

Is there a mod to give trucks a six speed transmission, I know its kinda the point, but 18 gears is a bit too much for my liking.

Also, is there a mod that adds multiple drivable cars?

Last edited:
Bought a G290 with gearstick over the weekend and tried with ATS and it was good.

Deffo gonna get ETS2 and a load of texture mods/maps/car packs and give it a go.

Is there a mod to give trucks a six speed transmission, I know its kinda the point, but 18 gears is a bit too much for my liking.

Also, is there a mod that adds multiple drivable cars?

Assuming that's a G920 not a G290.... There is a six speed Allinson transmission available later as an unlock. The lack of buttons on the shifter is an issue for me. It's why I'm 3D printing a new gear knob with space for 2 buttons to do proper gear splitting. Also intend to add a proper indicator stalk somehow....

Last edited:
I managed to get quite a few hours in this years ago.. Played the ets2mp quite a bit too.

Haven't really went near it in years, is mp still about and popular? I see mods are big so which mods should I look into getting, as these compatible with mp?

MP is still about and popular yes.

For mods:

Any of Jazzy Cat's mods, traffic packs, trailers etc.

Promods, Trucksim Map, Korea Adventure Map for fun.

There's 100's of trucks as well, some really old mercedes and kamaz/maz etc.

Not sure if they work in MP.

I play it most days, got my edtracker all setup, just don't seem to get many people posting about it.

Hopefully they add skilled parking like in ATS, that would make things a lot more interesting.

Not bother with the new France update as promods has a decent French map.

I've got the latest Promods finally after their site is back up.

Promods, Rusmap, Russian Open Spaces, Project Balkans and Rusmap+Promods connection with "PROMONZA map zoom fix for all these. Works a treat just takes ages to load!

I've got the France DLC, how is it compared to just Promods' version?

having a few problems, when I put Open Russian Spaces on my map goes blank, have in in the load order after after ProMods/RusMap Connection but just doesn't seem to want to play ball with showing the countries.

Also having problems with southern regions, set the load order like the readme says but as soon as i load a game it crashes? Any ideas?

Map
screenmap_zpsoak0l3b1.jpg

Load Order
load-order1_zpsxjnaofrj.jpg

load-order2_zpskmmftgvb.jpg

I'm in all day, illness creeping back.. so I can answer questions stuck at home.

Load order working 100%, tested yesterday and typed in full so it's easy to understand:

Promods Def Package
Project Balkans Def Package
Project Balkans Map Package
Project Balkans Assets Package
Promods and Rusmap Road Connection
Rusmap Map Package
Rusmap Model Package
Rusmap Model 2 Package
Rusmap Def Package
Promods 2.1 Extension
Promods Map Package
Promods Model 1 Package