Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Soldato
Update: http://ets2downloads.com/maps/eaa-normal-map New version of EAA. Should have Base and Mapa inside.
I was before, but forgot the correct load order.

Sound fixes options (window open/closed)
Weather mods (grimes' ones included)
Sound Fixes Pack
Physics mods
Sounds mods (dr holzzz's sound mod etc, other truck mods)

Note: Dr Holzzz's sound pack is ALL the base trucks, as far as I know, and he is still active on the SCS Forums)

Maps

v
v

Soldato
Has anyone dabbled in the modding scene for this game? I'm currently working through some tutorials for Blender. Hopefully I can soon customise things in-game. If this works out I might branch to other games.

I find myself not interested in gaming sometimes, so I just sit here staring at the screen. So I thought, why not try something productive? :D

Associate
Has anyone dabbled in the modding scene for this game? I'm currently working through some tutorials for Blender. Hopefully I can soon customise things in-game. If this works out I might branch to other games.

I find myself not interested in gaming sometimes, so I just sit here staring at the screen. So I thought, why not try something productive? :D
Great game to dabble with modding. I've been swapping out companies and trailers and road signs so far, pretty straight forward.

Some of the tutorials are pretty woeful (that I've found anyway), been toying with doing my own at some point but don't have the time or the patience. :/

Soldato
When 1.27 dropped, I cleaned out my mod folder of everything and had a fresh start. Using RJL's Scania mainly, so many options on his trucks.

What maps have you got? It won't work with TSM as that modifies Italy. But Rusmap, Russian Open Spaces, Southern Region, Australia, EAA and Republic of China should.. be OK.

Soldato
Finally found out how to have multiple button combinations in ETS2/ATS so I've finally got everything mapped to be a controller-only game. By this, I mean having all the buttons available (ABXY and UDLR on DPad) and then have LB+Button, RB+Button, and LB+RB+Button combinations. This has made the game a lot easier (apart from memorising all the new key combos after using the others for 2+ years :D )

Associate
You can use the game with Tobii Eye or other Eye Trackers. Works pretty nice. I got the G29 wheel, only tested it for a little bit. Seems to work pretty well. Multiplayer is pretty ****, you get crazy people that will just ram you causing huge damage or they lag and ram you. In Singleplayer I got bored eventually. It is a nice game to play every now and then, especially if you stick the radio on. I spent quite some time over the Xmas period on it. Had the snow mod and made everything perrty nice considering we had no snow in the UK... well apart from up north.

If you do have Tobii Eye you can spoof it to work on ATS too, just point it to the ATS .exe, if that doesn't work you can rename the ATS exe to ETS2:)

Commissario
I haven't played this for ages and just opened it in Steam to find my existing game appears to have disappeared. I'd got a huge company, lots of trucks and drivers and had spent about 90 hours on it.

It's just asking me to create a new profile when I start.

To say I'm a tad annoyed would be an understatement. I thought these saved games were all stored online so this shouldn't happen.

Commissario
That was it, I've got a new iMac and although I'd grabbed the Steamapps folder, I'd not got the ETS one. I've done that now and my business is there along with all the old mods, it just crashes to desktop when I try and drive.

Back
Top Bottom