Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Commissario
Realistic Vehicle Lights by Frkn64
No, no and thrice no. This is an awful mod with dreadfully unrealistic headlights, either too dim or they just totally flood the road. If you want decent headlights, get this one. There's a RHD version but I always drive an LHD truck. These ones actually give what seems (to me) to be a decent realistic headlight pattern.

/edit - Also be careful with replacement truck sounds as some packs are really difficult to remove. I had one installed (didn't like it very much, it sounded like a vacuum cleaner) and after I removed it, I discovered that the it killed my default sounds and even the instructions suggested reverting back to a previous saved game or selling the truck and buying another to get the default sounds back.

Soldato
Well, it looks OK to me. I'll try the other one.

I've been using Drholz's sounds for a good year or two, never had issues with his?

Graphics
Sounds
Physics
Maps
Trucks
Trailers
Misc

Is where my load order goes.

Commissario
I can't remember what sound pack it was I installed but I ran it for a few deliveries before deciding I hated it... Because of that, I didn't want to have to load a previous game and lose my progress.

Soldato
I'm going to set my wheel up tonight and start driving again. I haven't played in some time, so any mods anyone can recommend? I will have all map DLC and I think I'll atleast get Promods again.

Also would like a good wintry mod if there is one.

Soldato
I need Italia as well, with enough Killing Floor 2 items sold I may get it this decade lol.

Wait for the next Promods update, 2.25b isn't compatible with the Special Cargo, the new revision will be.

Back a page has a tiny selection of my recommended, just not Frkn's Light mod.

Soldato
Wait for the next Promods update, 2.25b isn't compatible with the Special Cargo, the new revision will be.

Back a page has a tiny selection of my recommended, just not Frkn's Light mod.

Thanks, I'll check them out. Regarding Promods, can I simply just untick Special Cargo from Steam to uninstall it so I can use Promods? Then just reinstall it when Promods has updated?

Commissario
I have ProMods and the Special Cargo DLC installed with no problems apart from not actually being offered any Special Cargo jobs anywhere at all! It's not a case that I can't drive them due to map inconsistencies, I've just never seen one on the Quick Jobs menu ever.

Commissario
I'd be interested to know that - I tried one which claimed to be realistic and it was very bad with huge amounts of traffic even at stupid o'clock in the morning.
I'm getting a little fed up with some of the AI, especially on roundabouts. I know it's poor so I take it very easy, making sure that the approaches are clear and there's nothing on the roundabout. Then when I'm partway round, someone barrels up one of the approach roads and piles into the side of my trailer. The fact they've hit the trailer means I was already in front of them.
I've also had a couple of other trucks drive into the trailer as I'm leaving pay booths on toll roads. Again, they tend to pull in and hit the trailer rather than the tractor which means that I'm ahead of them and they shouldn't be driving into me.

Soldato
Having to try reinstalling :(. Since playing again, my game is having some kind of stutter/spike issue. It'll spike from 60 to 67FPS every so often with vsync turned on. Tried without vsync but still does same. Happens on all graphical settings and an unmodded profile is the same.

I used a steam game mover to move it from my HDD to SSD, so I wonder if it messed up somewhere. Hoping a reinstall can fix it.

Commissario
I use DP's realistic traffic on ATS. There is one for ETS2, first page of the workshop when you search "traffic"
I installed this and went for my next delivery of presents. I had to stop for diesel and this happened as I tried to get back on the motorway.

34gioghjoighjog.jpg

ji4gjh2ihghhggj.jpg

I sat there for at least five minutes before there was enough space to pull out. Considering the time of day, I think that's quite realistic.

Man of Honour
I have ProMods and the Special Cargo DLC installed with no problems apart from not actually being offered any Special Cargo jobs anywhere at all! It's not a case that I can't drive them due to map inconsistencies, I've just never seen one on the Quick Jobs menu ever.

It's not supported by Promods yet so you won't see any jobs that use it. They are working on it and have completed three maps so far but it takes a lot of time and effort so we just have to be patient. There's a big thread on it in the Promods forums here.

Back
Top Bottom