Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Thanks, that's what I'll go for, I've found a Volvo dealer in London so I just need to decide whether to take a loan or run the quick jobs to make the money. I've done 14 deliveries and have just over €50,000 now. I'm also tempted to grab a gamepad for this, any suggestions (it needs to work with the Mac)?

Thanks, that's what I'll go for, I've found a Volvo dealer in London so I just need to decide whether to take a loan or run the quick jobs to make the money. I've done 14 deliveries and have just over €50,000 now. I'm also tempted to grab a gamepad for this, any suggestions (it needs to work with the Mac)?

Apparently the PS3 one works with no tinkering, drivers are available for Xbox 360's and there's a tweak to get the PS4 controller to work.

Otherwise I think it'd be a case of trying a PC one to see if it works. Personally I use a "Technopro" PS3 knock off that I got free on PC just fine.

Last edited:
I tried an Xbox 360 wired controller but it doesn't work without 3rd party drivers. I'm not messing around with ones that install a third party kernel extension I'm afraid. I'll try a PS3 one when it's charged up.

so I downloaded the demo just to see what the fuss as about.....

An hour later I'm cruising down the A14 listening to magic FM, enjoyed it for the hour or so that I played!

Not sure I will be buying the full version as I dont have a wheel and think it needs it really, time will tell!

All the vehicles in all the games I have, I use the mouse with tartarus. Flying, driving, munching through undergrowth in a tank, whatever it happens to be, I find the mouse a great steering device.
But each of us have our own personal favourites where peripherals are concerned, so go with whatever rocks your boat.

To the poster that played it for an hour and enjoyed it.. Its well worth buying, don't need a wheel, but if you feel that you do once your in-game, then its worth purchasing one. Its one of those games, for me, that is addictive for short bursts of time. Then I take a break, but get that itch after a while to get back behind the wheel of the Globetrotter or whichever other truck I fancy, its a pretty relaxing game really, quite satisfying. :)

The new update is very nice indeed graphically, havn't got the Scandinavia DLC though as I'm enjoying ProMods a bit too much.

I must be one of the only people on the planet playing with just a keyboard, 90 hours of game playing all done on a keyboard :D

Keep looking on eBay for a wheel etc but I'm not sure for just one game and space/funds are not exactly great.

I must be one of the only people on the planet playing with just a keyboard, 90 hours of game playing all done on a keyboard :D

I couldn't do it, my enjoyment would be ruined!
With an old G25 it's so much fun, feeling the road/revs vibration, changing gears manually, even when you're below min revs it starts shaking the wheel like it's about to stall out.

Goes a bit crazy when someone bumps into you!

The new update is very nice indeed graphically, havn't got the Scandinavia DLC though as I'm enjoying ProMods a bit too much.

Keep looking on eBay for a wheel etc but I'm not sure for just one game and space/funds are not exactly great.

If you are content with keyboard stick with that! But a wheel is a truly different experience and I could see that 90 hours turning into 180 hours in no time :p Plenty of hours worth of entertainment to justify the price, just the struggle of saving and finding space for it.

I played this game with a keyboard, then I got a controller & now I have a wheel. There is more immersion with a wheel, but the biggest difference for me was how much easier it is now backing up with a trailer.

Build 1.18.0.4:
new loading screens
added Scandinavia to DLC browser
updated localization
New Actros: sidesteps, name of company truck, sunshield, generic animation, new engine, fixed engine data, mirror reflection and quality, retarder symbol, UK steering wheel position, paintjob fixes, light texture, correct adblue tank size, clipping, attach points for accessories
Majestic -> Mercedes in truck browser
DAF Euro 6: DRLs not activated with ignition
Oslo toll gate blinkers
lamp instancing
map fixes

I took the loan and bought a Volvo!

Then because I wasn't used the acceleration of a tractor unit without a trailer, I lightly dinged it for 5% damage as soon as I drove out the yard. Ooops.

Back
Top Bottom