Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Grrrrr. Again.

A couple of times I managed to hit the D key instead of the S key for brake so I thought, ahh, I'll be clever and assign D to be brake as well as S.

So I did that and off I went, only to stack the truck quite badly because what I'd actually done was reassign the S key to the brake instead of reassign the down arrow. So S didn't do anything at all, no matter how many times I pushed it and how hard I pushed it and trust me, the lorry wasn't going around that corner at 80kph with cruise control on :)

That damage wiped out half the profit on that particular run.

But I'm still having fun! Realistically, what's the next stage for me? At the moment I'm just plonking around picking up jobs in my own truck. I currently have around £60,000 in the bank.

Realistically, what's the next stage for me? At the moment I'm just plonking around picking up jobs in my own truck. I currently have around £60,000 in the bank.

With that amount of money I'd take out a bank loan, buy a truck and hire your first driver.

When you've gathered enough money get another truck and driver. Once your first bank loan is down to the last few payments, take out a bigger loan. Keep expanding, you'll be rolling in it in no time.

Thanks Judge, I'm already well beyond that stage now. Two garages (three if you include my own), five trucks and five drivers and working towards the next one. The last driver I hired was even a girl!

Big problems with Promods yesterday, multiple crashes to desktop resulting in me having to restart the game. When I finally reached my destination and completed the delivery I removed Promods and the game moved me back to my default garage in Felixstowe which was a shame as I was right over in Poland.

Big problems with Promods yesterday, multiple crashes to desktop resulting in me having to restart the game. When I finally reached my destination and completed the delivery I removed Promods and the game moved me back to my default garage in Felixstowe which was a shame as I was right over in Poland.

You can teleport if you need to, not sure if you know that or not

Just picked this up yesterday and did the tutorial delivery (took me flippin' ages!) and just one more job off the list so far?

Anything I need to know? I intend to read this thread from start to finish this afternoon :)

Just enjoy the trucking :D

Edit: Also, try and use an Xbox 360 controller if you haven't already got a full wheel setup. It's a cheaper alternative and you can map whatever you fancy to each key.

Last edited:
I was a terrible driver!!

oooops.jpg

Just enjoy the trucking :D

Edit: Also, try and use an Xbox 360 controller if you haven't already got a full wheel setup. It's a cheaper alternative and you can map whatever you fancy to each key.

Yep, 360 controller here. Still got some tweaking to do, but it feels OK.

I haven't played anything since putting Elite: Dangerous back in its box many, many weeks ago, and I'm enjoying this immensely.

Back
Top Bottom