Europa Universalis IV

Man of Honour
NIerMy5.jpg.png

Any ideas what this info means?

I'm aware that the version installed is 1.28.3.0 and the (3ba8) is the checksum, but what's the 'Spain' bit mean?

Also looking at the EU4 Wiki it seems the version goes to 1.9x with some of the expansions, is that correct?

I ask as apparently in a few days they're releasing version 1.29 with a big free update, so how does this factor into the version numbers?

Man of Honour
Occasionally they might offer them cheaper, but that's very occasionally. I think I bought 5 which were offerred in a pack when I first bought the game a few years ago and it hasn't been repeated. I have most of them now, maybe with one exception. If I were you i would carefully choose a few, and buy them before you get into the game as they make a huge difference.

Man of Honour
That's the latest release. Spain is the latest free update patch. So you have the most current version. The next free update is Manchu I believe, and then there will be a paid for DLC.

So what DLCs do you recommend? I've seen people mention Art of War & Common Sense? Any others to get now before I start up?

If the Manchu update is 1.29, what's the WiKi going on about with some DLCs being 1.9xx etc...?

Man of Honour
All of them lol.. They nearly all add a lot to the base game. But if I had to choose... Wealth of Nations, Art of War, Common Sense, Rights of Man. They are fairly key. A secondary list would include Mare Nostrum, Mandate of Heaven *more enjoyable Japan game, Cradle of Civilisation and Rule Britannia.Oh and Dharma if you fancy a great campaign in India!

Outdated Wiki I presume.

Man of Honour
All of them lol.. They nearly all add a lot to the base game. But if I had to choose... Wealth of Nations, Art of War, Common Sense, Rights of Man. They are fairly key. A secondary list would include Mare Nostrum, Mandate of Heaven *more enjoyable Japan game, Cradle of Civilisation and Rule Britannia.

Outdated Wiki I presume.
Thanks that's very useful :)

Soldato

So what DLCs do you recommend? I've seen people mention Art of War & Common Sense? Any others to get now before I start up?

If the Manchu update is 1.29, what's the WiKi going on about with some DLCs being 1.9xx etc...?
Just bought Common Sense & Art of War, so I'll start my first game tomorrow hopefully, then look to the other DLCs, can see this getting expensive :eek:

No is not. You can buy everything on sale, it would cost you as much as Anno 1800 and you would be looking for 2000+ game time :p

Art of War, Common Sense, Rights of Man are must have.

Cradle of Civilization, Res Publica, Wealth of Nations, Dharma, Paradise Conquest, Mare Nostrum, El Dorador and Mandate of Heaven are expansions adding mechanics etc.
Some depending what you want to play.

Rule Britania, Third Rome, Cossacks, Golden Century are flavour packages with the Golden Century the best of the four. Cossacks was great Expansion but was relegated to DLC after PDX incorporated it's core mechanics to the base game last year. So it only allows you to play with Cossacks now.

Until 9am UK time on September 9th, everything is 50% off at PDX shop
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/?prefn1=pdx-brand&prefn2=pdx-type&prefv1=Europa Universalis&prefv2=expansion

However sales are occurring every couple of months, especially through steam where you can get an extra 10%. Other times like a month ago, everything was -75% due to 6 years anniversary.
And had also a offer you could buy the whole game with everything (incl unit packs) for £35. Similar offer was for CK2 also.
Other times there are sales at Humble with packaged deals having 2-3 expansions together.

Soldato

Just bought Common Sense & Art of War, so I'll start my first game tomorrow hopefully, then look to the other DLCs, can see this getting expensive :eek:

No is not. You can buy everything on sale, it would cost you as much as Anno 1800 and you would be looking for 2000+ game time :p

Art of War, Common Sense, Rights of Man are must have.

Cradle of Civilization, Res Publica, Wealth of Nations, Dharma, Paradise Conquest, Mare Nostrum, El Dorador and Mandate of Heaven are expansions adding mechanics etc.
Some depending what you want to play.

Rule Britania, Third Rome, Cossacks, Golden Century are flavour packages with the Golden Century the best of the four. Cossacks was great Expansion but was relegated to DLC after PDX incorporated it's core mechanics to the base game last year. So it only allows you to play with Cossacks now.

Until 9am UK time on September 9th, everything is 50% off at PDX shop
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/...pe&prefv1=Europa Universalis&prefv2=expansion

However sales are occurring every couple of months, especially through steam where you can get an extra 10%. Other times like a month ago, everything was -75% due to 6 years anniversary.
With a special limited offer that you could buy the whole game with everything (incl unit packs) for £35. Similar offer was for CK2 also.

Tbh PDX games like CK2 and EU4 worth every penny as you can play them continuously over 7 and 6 years (respectively) clock thousands of hours and carry on playing.

------------------
FYI I will be on the Grand Lan Party this year. I will do my best to write a narrative every day of what's happening :) Ofc the live 16+ hours Twitch streaming every day would be better

Associate
With all the noise around mods after the latest update it made me wonder what mods other people are running.

I only have four installed at the moment (so no drama with the update thankfully)

Arumba font mod
Graphical map improvements
Bigger UI
Cleaner Peace Terms

The Bigger UI mod which includes Arumba's uncovered acceptance indicator is one of those mods that you didn't realise you needed until you've used it.

Does anyone have any ironman compatible mods that they recommend?

Soldato
With all the noise around mods after the latest update it made me wonder what mods other people are running.

I only have four installed at the moment (so no drama with the update thankfully)

Arumba font mod
Graphical map improvements
Bigger UI
Cleaner Peace Terms

The Bigger UI mod which includes Arumba's uncovered acceptance indicator is one of those mods that you didn't realise you needed until you've used it.

Does anyone have any ironman compatible mods that they recommend?

I do not run mods as wanting to get the achievements.

Man of Honour
Guys,

How do you get this to play in 144hz (1440p)?

I change the display option, it then says to restart the game to take effect, but it's back to the same 60hz.

It's always stuck at 60hz thus I'm guessing it's locked with V-SYNC? But that's not in the main options menu?

I've also tried to change a couple of entries in the .txt file relating to 144hz & V-SYNC but that's not made any difference?

What am I missing?

Soldato
Guys,

How do you get this to play in 144hz (1440p)?

I change the display option, it then says to restart the game to take effect, but it's back to the same 60hz.

It's always stuck at 60hz thus I'm guessing it's locked with V-SYNC? But that's not in the main options menu?

I've also tried to change a couple of entries in the .txt file relating to 144hz & V-SYNC but that's not made any difference?

What am I missing?

Why you want to play this game at higher fps than 60?

Soldato
When moving around the map it's not fluid.

My monitor is 144hz

The game is supposed to support it?

I'm hoping someone has this running correctly and can help?

I use 144hz at 2560x1440 and never had issues. However the game only on static stays there.

And when was the last time tried to play the game? Before or after the latest patch because i cannot change it down from 144hz to 60fps from the game and neither wattman works because it loads the launcher.

Update 1 : known issue for windowed mode
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...date-on-1-29-manchu-and-known-issues.1246860/

Update 2: change to full screen it works. :) Managed to set it to 60fps huzzah. So you can change yours to 144hz. However if you are using windowed mode and doesn't pick 144hz have you checked your monitor settings on windows that is set to 144hz?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I use 144hz at 2560x1440 and never had issues. However the game only on static stays there.

And when was the last time tried to play the game? Before or after the latest patch because i cannot change it down from 144hz to 60fps from the game and neither wattman works because it loads the launcher.

Update 1 : known issue for windowed mode
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...date-on-1-29-manchu-and-known-issues.1246860/

Update 2: change to full screen it works. :) Managed to set it to 60fps huzzah. So you can change yours to 144hz. However if you are using windowed mode and doesn't pick 144hz have you checked your monitor settings on windows that is set to 144hz?
Trying this in the very latest patch 1.29.1.

Full screen (not windowed etc..)

Monitor, Windows & Game all set to 144hz

Back
Top Bottom