** European League Thread (Spain/Germany/France etc) **

Caporegime
More dropped points for Real at home tonight, this time a defeat.

How long before Zidane gets sacked?
Considering they won the league last season and Zidane is a club legend, a while yet I'd say. Already 7 points behind Barca though. The first El Clasico doesn't happen until December. If Real are even further behind by then they've got no chance.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Considering they won the league last season and Zidane is a club legend, a while yet I'd say. Already 7 points behind Barca though. The first El Clasico doesn't happen until December. If Real are even further behind by then they've got no chance.

How long is a while? I don't think Madrid care if you are Jesus himself if you aren't competing for the domestic title. I wonder how long they would put up with poor league form if they are still in the CL.

Caporegime
Epic to see Real falter badly and everyone this year was thinking that it would be Barca that would be faltering, seeing as Neymar left for PSG.

I imagine as long as Zidane is in with a chance of winning the CL, he won’t be sacked. Soon as they are out and if they are still 7+ points off the top, then he will be gone.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I haven't watched any of Reals games this season but I caught the last 30 minutes of the game yesterday and Real were lucky not to concede a few more goals. Completely abandoned defending for the last 20 minutes and the only thing that stopped Betis scoring more was awful awful attacking. They had a number of 3 vs 2's or better only for their player with the ball to completely ignore his teammates and scuff a shot from 20 yards out.

Whats going wrong for them so far?

I'm sure they will sort it out and come in the top 2 but this is a really bad start by their standards.

Soldato
Barca-Las Palmas game is still being shown on Sky. So ******* eerie.

Hope Pique scores just for the potential celebration. If he doesn't expose a t-shirt with FTP on it I'll be disappointed.

Associate
Barca-Las Palmas game is still being shown on Sky. So ******* eerie.

Hope Pique scores just for the potential celebration. If he doesn't expose a t-shirt with FTP on it I'll be disappointed.

I flicked over just as messi scored, that was eerie a whole stadium empty apart from a few ball boys and stewards

Caporegime
Italian footie is getting quite good to watch this year. Milan vs Inter last week was pretty great. On right now we have Napoli top of the table playing Inter who are second. Game already being played at a pretty fast tempo early on, seems like it will be a goodun.

In the Barca game, they scored within 2 mins but the ball had clear as day gone across the line for a goalkick before being put back in and scored. Pathetic for none of the officials to see it.

Back
Top Bottom