** European League Thread (Spain/Germany/France etc) **

Don
Looks like Jude Bellingham fancies an extended winter break this season. Following Dortmunds loss to Bayern today he questioned a penalty Bayern were awarded and said "You give a referee that has match fixed before, the biggest game in Germany, what do you expect?".

Caporegime
Watched the game earlier and it was a harsh penalty, Hummels went to head the ball clear but it hit his arm instead. Accidental but it was arm to ball so hard to argue with.

Thought Haaland was going to chin the officials when he stormed on the pitch after the game but he just ripped their arms off with ridiculously aggressive handshakes instead :o

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Bad decisions from the ref but to accuse him of match fixing is a silly thing to do. Bellingham doesn't seem like an idiot either. Wonder how long his ban will be or if he can just issue a grovelling apology and they will take his age into consideration.

Soldato
Not sure what they can do, he questioned if it was sensible giving the match to a referee who had been found guilty of match fixing but didn't say he had fixed this match just that some of his decisions were questionable which the majority of players, officials and fans from losing teams do every day.

Don
Not sure what they can do, he questioned if it was sensible giving the match to a referee who had been found guilty of match fixing but didn't say he had fixed this match just that some of his decisions were questionable which the majority of players, officials and fans from losing teams do every day.
It wasn't really as honest as you're making out. He asked what do you expect from an official that's match fixed. He's implying that the official did (or at least may have) match fixed again.

Assuming the rules are similar there as they are here then he's going to get done. You can criticise officials decisions but you can't question their integrity and suggest they've cheated.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah, its very different to question a referees decisions and to question his integrity. Its another thing entirely to relate it to an incident of match fixing.

Soldato
Not sure where he implied the match fixing again, he questioned about appointing a match official who has been found guilty of match fixing in the past, I wonder why he wasn't struck off for good after being found guilty, surely if you've been compromised before there's a possibility again which would make every match he's officiated in questionable?

Don
He said "You give a referee that has match fixed before, the biggest game in Germany, what do you expect?". What is the relevance of his previous charge in relation to the penalty decision? Being charged with match fixing doesn't mean you're more likely to make a mistake so why the question "what do you expect?" if it's not suggesting he's done something dodgy?

And I've tried to find some info on this ref's charge and I don't think it's clear cut that he match fixed. From the little reading I've done it was the ref he was assistant for, he initially took some hush money and then grassed on the ref.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Come on, hes basically saying one bent, always bent. Its not even subtle. He has directly linked the guys supposed match fixing to the result between Bayern and Dortmund. Doesn't really get much more clear than that without saying "I think hes done it again".

Soldato
He's not saying it though, he's being ambiguous enough for you to make that up for yourselves so I'm not sure they can 'do' him for it, that said football's ruling bodies are a law unto themselves and will probably give him a larger ban than the ref got when he was found guilty.

It doesn't sit comfortably with me that an official who was paid hush money and then decided to spill his guts can be trusted, he's willing to take the bribe but then what his conscience got the better of him ok that's ok we'll forget about that then?

Back
Top Bottom