** European League Thread (Spain/Germany/France etc) **

Man of Honour
Seems to be a storm brewing around the racist abuse of Vinicius Jr in Spain. Given the league title is already decided and Real Madrid are guarenteed a top 4 finish, I think now is a perfect time for them to show solidarity and walk off the pitch regardless of what the ref says. Even if they suffer 3x walkover defeats in their remaining games they will still be in the Champions League next season.

That's how they can drive change, La Liga won't want the negative publicity from arguably the 'biggest' club walking out of matches, so they can force their hand a bit. Opportunities like this won't come around very often, under normal circumstances they'd be wary of conceding ground to their rivals. If they walk out 2 or 3 times in a row the pressure will mount, although I guess Spain is a big different in that I think Real Madrid sell their own rights rather than La Liga? So maybe La Liga would get less pressure than if something like this happened in England with the broadcasters yelling at them to sort it out or they will reduce funding.

edit: they have 1 away match left at Sevilla, maybe that's the one to target to avoid annoying their own fans. Sevilla already have a fine this season from UEFA (about 4 grand lol) for racist chanting so you'd assume there's a reasonable chance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems to be a storm brewing around the racist abuse of Vinicius Jr in Spain. Given the league title is already decided and Real Madrid are guarenteed a top 4 finish, I think now is a perfect time for them to show solidarity and walk off the pitch regardless of what the ref says. Even if they suffer 3x walkover defeats in their remaining games they will still be in the Champions League next season.

That's how they can drive change, La Liga won't want the negative publicity from arguably the 'biggest' club walking out of matches, so they can force their hand a bit. Opportunities like this won't come around very often, under normal circumstances they'd be wary of conceding ground to their rivals. If they walk out 2 or 3 times in a row the pressure will mount, although I guess Spain is a big different in that I think Real Madrid sell their own rights rather than La Liga? So maybe La Liga would get less pressure than if something like this happened in England with the broadcasters yelling at them to sort it out or they will reduce funding.

edit: they have 1 away match left at Sevilla, maybe that's the one to target to avoid annoying their own fans. Sevilla already have a fine this season from UEFA (about 4 grand lol) for racist chanting so you'd assume there's a reasonable chance.
Yea I been following this and it's absolutely ******* shocking.

LA LIGA should be banned from competing in any European competition for the next 2 years.

Throw the book at them

Soldato

Spanish football what can you say, what a way to show how strong you are against racism. Give out a **** poor punishment in the first place then reduce it on appeal.
Its just poor isnt it. They had an opportunity to make an example and theyve done the opposite.

Caporegime
There has been a lot of chances at both ends, Dortmund have mucked up two four on two/five on two attacks. Brandt has been abysmal. Haller just missed an open net at the far post too.

Back
Top Bottom