• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA Warrany Trouble!

Nice.. Can this be done with any of their cards? And is this a new thing? I've never heard of it before.

Cheers for explaining it, anyway. What happens if they find your card isn't faulty..? :eek:

Not sure which cards are eligible, all their terms are on their site :)

It's been around for a few months now :p

If its NFF then it doesn't matter, the EVGA techs need to talk to you first about troubleshooting before you commence the RMA so theoretically, it shouldn't be a good card :)

Not sure which cards are eligible, all their terms are on their site :)

It's been around for a few months now :p

If its NFF then it doesn't matter, the EVGA techs need to talk to you first about troubleshooting before you commence the RMA so theoretically, it shouldn't be a good card :)

Must be because of the rock I am living under. Will look it up on their site if I decide to buy one of their cards.

Also, sorry but NFF? Not found faulty?

Interesting thread.

As for companies I will/won't deal with:

Powercolor and Connect3D I avoid like the plague.
Logitech I have nothing but praise for.

I do try to buy from companies with a UK RMA base though, maybe this is something EVGA should look into?

Some of the companies that I prefer not to give my money to do produce products of interest to me, which is a shame as I simply don't have the confidence to consider them seriously, particularly when there are more widely praised firms out there.

I've often wondered if there's a reason OcUK used to stock KFA2 cards and then stopped. From what i've read they seem to be half decent with UK RMA bases. I wonder if there was some disagreement between retailer and supplier?

I've often wondered if there's a reason OcUK used to stock KFA2 cards and then stopped. From what i've read they seem to be half decent with UK RMA bases. I wonder if there was some disagreement between retailer and supplier?

I guess it's possible. :)

I always wondered why european customers were treated by gfx card companies like second class citizens when compared to US ones, but EVGA has turned that on its head now! That is really good news:)

I always wondered why european customers were treated by gfx card companies like second class citizens when compared to US ones, but EVGA has turned that on its head now! That is really good news:)

I myself think this might have to do with US legal system, if they *bleep* up they gotta pay LOOOOOOOOADS of cash :D But not in Europe.

I myself think this might have to do with US legal system, if they *bleep* up they gotta pay LOOOOOOOOADS of cash :D But not in Europe.

If that was the case, all gfz card companies would offer about the same after sale support, but in fact there are huge differences and only a handfull few compete with EVGA in that.

We have changed our warranty for ALL global users. EVGA now covers the product under warranty, NOT the consumer! This means that the warranty is transferable! Please see this link: http://www.evga.com/articles/00671/

I have posted this already, but because of the high uptake on this thread I thought I would mention it again. This is truly an amazing thing for all consumers of EVGA graphic cards!! and goes back to the point, that EVGA really does listen to consumer views, and act upon them!

mint!

Isnt EVGA warranty 10 years (somebody said in this thread)? That's more than a lifetime as far as gfx cards go;)

My EVGA 580's only came with a 3 year warranty as they were branded "KR" products and you had to pay an extra £32 per card to increase it to 10 years! I had already spent £740 on the 2 x 580's :(

From EVGA website:

All "-KR" products purchased ON or AFTER January 1st, 2011 include a 3 year limited warranty from the date of purchase. Registration is recommended. Optional Extended Warranty and Step-Up™ eligibility are offered for purchase upon product registration of a -KR part number within 30 days of the purchase date

Optional Extended Warranty:

http://eu.evga.com/support/warranty/extended.asp

Products under 500 Euros are 40 Euros to extend to 10 years = £33.28 GBP per GTX580.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom