• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA Warrany Trouble!

I bought it directly from EVGA website..
When the gtx 460 was first released, i had quite a hard time finding it available in a lot of places.. especially reputable places... they went out of stock like poo off a shiney shovel, so my last resort was to buy directly from EVGA and wait for delivery.
As you will see, at that point in time, i was in big need of a graphics card, and didnt want to go and pay for another card just to use for the time being until i got my hands on a gtx 460.. so i was patient and waiting for delivery directly from EVGA.
Ah I see. Then yea I agree EVGA should be responsible then. This thread really got me thinking...may be we should not only take video for preparing RMA, but also a video of unpacking as well to protect ourselves...

This reminds me of the cases of people buying brand new motherboard and got blended pins on the socket, but manufacturers saying the warranty is voided because of phyical damage to the socket (despite the pins were already blended when the consumers received it). Seriously, I would HATE the hassle of taking video of unpacking anything and everything which I bought!

Ah I see. Then yea I agree EVGA should be responsible then. This thread really got me thinking...may be we should not only take video for preparing RMA, but also a video of unpacking as well to protect ourselves...

It's not hard to do anyway :)
Surely everyone must at least have a phone camera to record the unpacking. Ever since there's been bent motherboard pins I've done this. Just record and keep the video until everything's working fine then I can delete it. I suppose even one by one pictures with a datestamp will be good enough proof.

a video is hardly proof though as you could re-box it anytime and then video unpacking it, although I agree it might help as evidence if it got to that stage.

It's just ridiculous to have to do it at all

Well I suppose too many customers have tried it on for retailers to take our word like in the older days.

a video is hardly proof though as you could re-box it anytime and then video unpacking it, although I agree it might help as evidence if it got to that stage.

How would you repack the delivery box it came in? I don't have the special tape most use or have the brown tape with strings.

All depends on how (not lazy but) much you care about getting done to film it I suppose. I'd rather do it and know that the company can't just fob me off if there's a problem.

Thank you EVGA,

A nice package arrived this afternoon, some bonus goodies and an upgrade, glad it's all sorted.

Many Thanks :D

5601c.jpg

5602n.jpg

5603a.jpg

5604co.jpg

5605y.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom