1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnnyG, Jun 8, 2017.

?

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

1. Conservatives

302 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. Labour

577 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. Liberal Democrats

104 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. Green

13 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. UKIP

19 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. Scottish National Party

30 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. Plaid Cymru

6 vote(s)
    0.5%
  8. Other

46 vote(s)
    4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freakbro

Capodecina

I would have thought the Trump administration was the definition of Radical, I mean, he campaigned on the fact that he wasn't the political establishment and was there to shake up the whole system

2. RDM

Capodecina

As the interpretation ultimately lies with the Supreme Court there are limits to how much he can play "swapsies". Also it doesn't seem to have stopped the judiciary from stopping his EOs. Nor does firing the head of the FBI seemed to have stopped him being investigated. I just think it is a lazy argument to say his administration is facist.

But then he hasn't really done all that much to shake up the whole system, so his campaign might have promised something radical, it hasn't really delivered it.

3. stewski

Mobster

And I think its an apologists position to say thing like, well there is still "an" investigation and the supreme court blah blah even as laws are changed to prevent blocking of sweeping changes of those in the judiciary!

4. RDM

Capodecina

I am not an apologist for the Trump administration, I think they are one of the worst US administrations in US history.

5. stewski

Mobster

Well on that we agree and likely that the competence is so low it may not impact the world massively!

But dismissal of authoritarian behaviour with hand waving is apologist!

6. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

Here's a bit of the detail: https://www.ft.com/content/84892c56-1a17-11e7-bcac-6d03d067f81f

Look at the market distortion they're creating, by creating debt on our behalf!

7. RDM

Capodecina

Or it is having a different opinion on something? We are still allowed to do that aren't we? It would be a bit authoritarian if we weren't... :)

8. stewski

Mobster

Sure If our opinions differ its not the end of the world, I call replacing your FBI investigator with someone more acceptable authoritarian and denying that is authoritarian, apologist, you do not!

9. RDM

Capodecina

Is there any reason why, even after I have explained that I am not an apologist, you still continue to use the term?

10. FoxEye

Capodecina

The other being that housing benefit paid to private landlords is now one of the biggest costs of social care, at over £9 billion/year. Up 42% since 2008!

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-taxpayers-national-housing-federation-report

11. stewski

Mobster

Clearly because our opinions differ, which isn't the end of the world.
    Thankfully in my opinion Trump is so far proving to be an entirely inept fascist and what looked like a wave of fascism, may have been stemmed by sanity in voting elsewhere.

12. LOAM

Sgarrista

13. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

14. LOAM

Sgarrista

There's some suggestion that the DUP are demanding a reduction in corp tax for NI as part of this deal. I imagine it would be quite tempting for UK companies to HQ in NI if that was the case. I understand why they would want it as it would bring it in line with RoI but I think its a bit of a kick in the teeth of UK tax payers.

15. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

16. StriderX

Capodecina

Welp, don't care, when you only work for the people that vote for you, then you aren't fit to lead anyway. The Tories chose old people, they can stew in that.

17. B@Th*nG

Soldato

all they need to do is offer an alternative that doesn't **** over the everyman and they'll be fine. redundant old people who have only voted one way for the last 70 years are part of the problem anyway. A more egalitarian electorate is a positive thing.

B@

18. Freddie1980

Soldato

19. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

I thought this level of ageism was mainly caused by prepubescent uni students who cant figure out how politics works.
    Clearly I was wrong, unless of course your one of them.

20. cheesyboy

Sgarrista

Realistically, if such a demographic political shift does come to pass, then the Tories will simply have to change to target a more progressive, liberal electorate. I can't imagine we'll ever see a real one-party system for any length of time - these things tend to equalise themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.