F1 2016

Soldato
YEAH not bad this !! plays nice, feels good with my g27, nicely done will keep this and play more I think, im getting weird triangles though playing, like a graphics clitch with SLI enabled - anyone else getting this ? its using 100% card 1 - approx 20-40% card 2

Man of Honour
OP
Have put up a new time for Bahrain :)

will try it ;)

for time trial is all the cars fully upgraded as i seen that you can upgrade cars or is this only for championships ?

I assume they are all equal like they have been in the past games.

YEAH not bad this !! plays nice, feels good with my g27, nicely done will keep this and play more I think, im getting weird triangles though playing, like a graphics clitch with SLI enabled - anyone else getting this ? its using 100% card 1 - approx 20-40% card 2

That sounds weird. Crossfire here and using each core equally.

Soldato
I'll add some of you on steam to compare lap times. CaptainRave at Melbourne is a stunning time. I'm like over a 1sec off the pace - its the 3rd sector where I'm losing out - over a sec slower to CR in that section..

My Steam ID is iv-tecman if anyone wants to add me..

Soldato
Don't know how you play with all assists off :eek: I admit it's a lot of fun with abs off, but no traction control? No thank you kind sir!

I can't go below medium traction control, it's like ice. I feel bad playing this game still using automatic gears though :o The flappy paddles on my DFGT are unresponsive as hell so I can't bring myself to use them at the moment.

I'm willing to say this is definitely the best F1 game from Codies so far imo. Only on my 2nd 50% race and already had more battles and action than any other games combined!
Fending off rosberg in a McLaren on destroyed softs for the last 2 laps of Bahrain was insanely stressful!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I'll add some of you on steam to compare lap times. CaptainRave at Melbourne is a stunning time. I'm like over a 1sec off the pace - its the 3rd sector where I'm losing out - over a sec slower to CR in that section..

Thanks :) - I actually wasn't too pleased with it at the time, but actually can't touch it after trying a few hours later!

Much more pleased with my Bahrain time.

I really like how it gives you an online rival time to beat during the time trials.

Also the safety car - nearly drove into one of the cars in front of me and it was great seeing the AI locking up too with cold brakes. It also massively changed all of the strategies (and gave me a cheeky 6th position in the manor). The AI is great fun to race with too - can't say I was expecting them to move infront of me just before a braking zone :p

Edit: Do I have you on steam? Feel free to click the link in my sig everyone :)

Last edited:
Associate

Or is it? Can't find you.

Some great times your putting out CptRave, With a DFGT?
I'm falling into the same trap I did with Dirt Rally where I fixate on one car and one track trying to master it. Don't think I ever left Wales :( Now I'm looking for property in Melbourne.

Man of Honour
OP
^^ haha, brilliant.

I'm falling into the same trap I did with Dirt Rally where I fixate on one car and one track trying to master it. Don't think I ever left Wales :( Now I'm looking for property in Melbourne.

Logitech force ex. Basically a budget DFGT I think.

Have changed to short race weekends in order to get through the tracks more quickly. A fair few new tracks that I don't know too well.

Soldato

http://steamcommunity.com/id/iv-tecman/

PSN-Astondbr9 is the name I currently use, but I thought my ID was like in the URL I just posted..

I'll add you now.

Soldato
Is it likely Codemasters will actually tweak the AI? I have noticed in quite a few videos they are far too passive in overtaking, they tend to back out of a lot of maneuvers that could easily be done?

Associate
Took a good hour just to get through the acclimatisation in Australia. Best lap was 1.42 and then it wanted 1.38 on the tyre management :rolleyes:

Had been running with no assists, ended up conceding and putting on medium traction control - I was generally able to keep control of the car without it but must not have been getting much acceleration.

Think I'll need to turn on ABS as well to actually get the target time for tyre management - I find I'm either locking the wheels because I've braked too late, or I end up braking too early to not lock the wheels. Hard to get that middle ground while coming anywhere close to the target time.

I guess I need a lot more practice to get quick laps with no/minimal assists.

Soldato
Ok so CR... I tried to beat your time on Oz. I did. But it says I have a custom setup.

All I did was copy your setup.

So not sure how the hell this thing distinguishes between custom setup or not.... pain in the ass!

Thing is on my next lap I was 0.5 up further!

Back
Top Bottom