F1 2016

Caporegime
It is addictive chasing down lap times. I've done a 1:28.726 and man did I sweat doing it.. Last sector, lost over a 1sec to Captain Rave

If you like I can add you on steam so as you can compare times? I also play Dirt Rally and a few other racing games.

My Steam ID is either -

iv-tecman or PSN-AstonDBR9

Its in my sig as well.

tried adding you try adding me :p

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015862159/

Soldato
So you did bag the PC Steam version then, as you said in the console forums you might.

I went PC myself, really enjoying this years F1 codemasters title, and I'm certainly enjoying the solid 60fps even in reply mode this year over F1 2015 on the PS4 that performed ok ish... Certainly made the right choice this year, epic game with a wheel and as for the setup, I thought the game assigned the controls for you?

It did for me on my G29.

Yeah I went with PC as I wanted the best overall experience!

You're right the game does assign the controls for you. My problem is that it uses numbers to identify the buttons.

Soldato
Yeah I went with PC as I wanted the best overall experience!

You're right the game does assign the controls for you. My problem is that it uses numbers to identify the buttons.

Yes that is the same issue I had, I just went into the menu for controls that allowed me to see what button I pressed and it showed me on screen what the number was.

i struggled to find the DRS button as it said button 8. Erm that could have been anything lol

Dup

Dup

Soldato
What the f on earth?!

How do you even? So I start a career, first practice and start doing the targets... aclimatisation I'm about 100 points off.... but the tyre wear... wow, my best lap is 10 secs slower than the target regardless of managing tyre slip. How on earth?! Does difficulty change this goalpoast? Seems not becasue lap times are lap times.

Seems I'm npot very good at it. Also 20fps isn't helping. I think I found this in the last one I played, 2010 I think.

It's certainly phsycial. Got my G27 set up and it feels great with no assists :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope these targets are team/car specific. I chose manor as I wanted to work up to winning, so the target lap times better be slower to account for that lol.

They are! But also don't expect to be hyper competitive in the start of the season until you at least get used to the car and added R&D

i just did a 1:29.3 getting quicker slowly.definitely need to know whats quickest set ups.i did a 1:28 something but the magic this lap wont be counted as i was a knats hair on curb lol.:mad::p

haha 1:20 lol.

whats annoying is some settings are greyed out and i cant change em.hopefully its patched soon.

must say though it is a addictive game once you start to get better.

I'm guessing you've seen the info of the 144hz bug if you are running at that? Try knocking it down to 120hz.

Caporegime
i tried 120 hz still couldnt see some of the option screens.they just are blank or black screen you can press enter though to carry on then game plays fine. the thing is you want to change stuff. which in hotlapping is important.

i might make a video to show them whats happening.may help fix it.

Soldato
Ah man this is such a difficult game :p You have to concentrate so hard or you'll be out in no time :p

I'm using a Playstation 4 controller, what is everyone else using for controllers?

If you like your driving games buy something like a secondhand DFGT thats what l did.

A steering wheel really improves the players game.

Soldato
Ah man this is such a difficult game :p You have to concentrate so hard or you'll be out in no time :p

I'm using a Playstation 4 controller, what is everyone else using for controllers?

Agree with oldphart, I bought a DFGT for £40 and haven't looked back, physically cannot corner on a pad compared with how smooth a wheel is. Applying power and brakes is a lot smoother too so playing with ABS off becomes easier :)

Soldato
If you like your driving games buy something like a secondhand DFGT thats what l did.

A steering wheel really improves the players game.

I got a second hand DFGT for around £60 at the time, it did the job perfectly fine, then I recently picked up a G29 - its miles better, but then that cost me £160.

Agreed, get a second hand DFGT if you can, its miles better then a gamepad. I could never play F1 games in the wet with a controller.

I do still play PS4 racing games with a controller for two reasons. Firstly the DFGT failed to work on a PS4 and secondly now I've got a G29 clamped to my desk and wired up, I can't be bothered to move either the PS4 or the wheel to use it on the PS4 - so another reason I've turned to PC racing games.

In other words, I agree with what he said, get a wheel : - )

Soldato
Thanks for your opinions :) I've been using the controller for a little while and after a while it starts hurting my thumb :p

Not sure if my table could withstand a steering wheel, but I'll give it a go :p

Soldato
Seriously considering picking this up, how are the framerates? Is the online play smooth? Any lag issues? Can you join random online championships?

With a 1080, you'll be fine. I'm running it on a GTX 970 - it lags quite a bit during cutscenes, but while I'm on the track it's lag free :)

Back
Top Bottom