F1 2016

Soldato
Seriously hooked on this. Have not driven the Russian circuit before, took me a while to get any kind of decent lap round there. The races in this are brilliant.

The weather, especially the lighting, is very impressive. Practice in cloudy conditions, I suddenly struggled to find my braking points in the sun during quali.

Agreed - and you are quick. I'm always around a second slower then you when I really push for a quick lap time... A second in F1 is a huge amount of time.

I need to get some more practice in, I must be getting old my excuse lol

Man of Honour
OP
Agreed - and you are quick. I'm always around a second slower then you when I really push for a quick lap time... A second in F1 is a huge amount of time.

I need to get some more practice in, I must be getting old my excuse lol

Thanks :) (I always remember you being very quick when we used to race). And there are people even faster again - i can see where most of them get the time from, getting the lines right makes such a difference. Funny thing is, I set a fast time on my first lap then never seem able to beat it. I find I actually get a better time when I am being less aggressive and focussing on the lines and apexs.

China in the wet is still my best. They have done a good job of delivering the feel of almost floating on the water.

Glad I increased the difficulty from hard in career. Still finishing in the top 6 quite often. Can't touch the mercs though. In quali they should show the ghost of your rival and not p1 tbh.

Soldato
Why are people saying it's not triple screen friendly? I've had no problems so far unless i should know something?

Can you post your settings please.

Including what FOV you have set it at!

I had to change camera angles, fov etc to get it semi looking ok. It's a pain driving from the cockpit view, but it is the only one I will use when driving.

Thats the correct steam ID tecman.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tkm52

Associate
Why are people saying it's not triple screen friendly? I've had no problems so far unless i should know something?

I'm guessing it doesn't support multi view rendering al a iracing, AC, Rf2, LFS which means you end up with a fisheye effect and a very stretched/distorted image on the side screens. This makes turning into tighter corners, where you are looking into the side screens to spot the apex, a bit of guess work.

Unfortunately it doesn't support the Rift or Vive either so options are pretty limited at this time.

Soldato
After an hours graft, just managed to squeeze under the 1.28 on an Xbox Controller in Australia.

The whole game is well improved over '15.

Wow and on a controller, well done indeed. I need to improve my time, agreed the game is certainly a big improvement from previous Codemaster F1 games.

Soldato
Wow and on a controller, well done indeed. I need to improve my time, agreed the game is certainly a big improvement from previous Codemaster F1 games.

There's more to come too I reckon. First 2-3 corners (S1) i've gone 0.25 faster, approx 0.1 faster on S2 and another 0.1 on S3, albeit messed up laps at other points.

I'm hoping to hit 1.27.5 on a blue moon/flying pig/master tryhard lap :)

Associate
There's more to come too I reckon. First 2-3 corners (S1) i've gone 0.25 faster, approx 0.1 faster on S2 and another 0.1 on S3, albeit messed up laps at other points.

I'm hoping to hit 1.27.5 on a blue moon/flying pig/master tryhard lap :)

Would you be able to post pictures of your pad set up etc?
I'll be playing with an xbox one s pad soon

Soldato
Gave Melbourne another try last night. And realised that the key (for met at least) to getting around the track is epic levels of TurboToaster'esq downforce!

Back
Top Bottom