F1 2016

Associate
Ah right, there's a few things I wish the game would make clearer rather than letting you just assume what is happening.

Managed a 1:31.664 after many restarted laps in aus though. Track limits feel really inconsistent though, sometimes I'll look at the kerb and get my lap time invalidated, other times I seem to be able to touch the grass and be fine, even on the same kerb.

Slightly frustrating but I suspect the game is measuring whether you actually gain or lose time doing it as to whether you get penalised, as if I go over slightly sideways it seems to be more lenient.

Soldato
Down to a 1.14.7 in Canada, moved on to my fav track as I know it off by heart..

Just medium traction and driving from the cockpit.

Just been trying Canada on TV, it's the most frustrating track haha, the track limits are so tight!

Managed a 1:13:409! Put me 30th on the Leader board.

Thats with auto gears though, gears on a joy pad are just to much hassle it stops being fun for me

Soldato
Phew! Just had an awesome challenge on the China track against Massa - Fought so many corners! Only got 13th at the end of the race, but I'm only in a Manor, so struggling against the other top cars :p Can definitely tell the AI is much improved in this years version!

Also saw my first full safety car for 3 laps!

Soldato
Phew! Just had an awesome challenge on the China track against Massa - Fought so many corners! Only got 13th at the end of the race, but I'm only in a Manor, so struggling against the other top cars :p Can definitely tell the AI is much improved in this years version!

Also saw my first full safety car for 3 laps!

I like the safety car but I think it is sometimes a bit excessive, or bugged a bit maybe? Like a single car spun at Russia and the safety car was out for 3 whole laps even though the car had been off the track and despawned. It would be nice to see once the incident is clear the car comes in, or at least keep the car there on track to see there's still a hazard worth the safety car.

Soldato
I like the safety car but I think it is sometimes a bit excessive, or bugged a bit maybe? Like a single car spun at Russia and the safety car was out for 3 whole laps even though the car had been off the track and despawned. It would be nice to see once the incident is clear the car comes in, or at least keep the car there on track to see there's still a hazard worth the safety car.

I've seen plenty of spins, but no safety car until now - And I saw the incident that caused it and it definitely warranted the Safety Car. But after the first lap, the incident had been removed (bar a few bits and pieces on the road), and we still had 2 more laps of slow driving left :p

Soldato
Just done a 5 or so laps on Australia on the default setup:

yxtFCoZ.png

Not that bad of a time with a massive tank slapper during it as well :p

Once I've had a bit more practice with a wheel I shall give it another bash.

where is that screen grab from? in-game or steam? Have you guys got a Steam community or something?

Soldato
Just done a 5 or so laps on Australia on the default setup:

yxtFCoZ.png

Not that bad of a time with a massive tank slapper during it as well :p

Once I've had a bit more practice with a wheel I shall give it another bash.

Argh you guys are killing me at Oz.. lol Its good to see the times so close to one another. But Australia is a very hard track to master I find. I might move on to another one, I tried to beat my own time tonight, but I just can't seem to hook up that perfect lap.

Plus I'm playing the career - which on expert is a challenge IMO

Man of Honour
OP
Argh you guys are killing me at Oz.. lol Its good to see the times so close to one another. But Australia is a very hard track to master I find. I might move on to another one, I tried to beat my own time tonight, but I just can't seem to hook up that perfect lap.

Plus I'm playing the career - which on expert is a challenge IMO

People really are focussing on oz. The other leaderboards are much easier :p

Wet leaderboards are even easier, I am usually in the top 20 or 50 without even trying.

I have seen it once (a crash caused by me). It is like the real thing though, in F1 the safety car stays out for ages. It actually was a lot of fun, meant the strategy could be run more aggressively and it mixed up the whole field.

Soldato
T500RS Wheel Config Manager App :cool:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2016-thrustmaster-t500-settings.125223/

You can save a profile for any driving game and just select it before you start your game.

Scroll down till you see the Config Manager file to download.

This app works a treat.:)

1: Download the T500 Config Manager

Upzip the file attached to this post.
Place the file on the desktop or anywhere you can easily access it
Open the folder and the file T500_Config_Mgr.exe
Copy the settings below and save as "F1 2016".
In the future always enable scheme F1 2016 and leave the config manager running while playing F1 2016.

Soldato
I have seen it once (a crash caused by me). It is like the real thing though, in F1 the safety car stays out for ages. It actually was a lot of fun, meant the strategy could be run more aggressively and it mixed up the whole field.

If the car was destroyed whilst on track and there was debris on the surface i'd understand, but the car was a mile off the circuit and had disappeared almost immediately. They could at least keep the car there a few laps to make it seem a bit more realistic :D

Man of Honour
OP
Guys I think maybe you should try without any assists it is a challenge but a satisfying one tho.

True, but only if you have a decent wheel that gives good feedback imo. Mine just doesn't give me enough warning that I am losing or about to lose traction. I know there are people who do it with a controller, that boggles my mind :p

Soldato
True, but only if you have a decent wheel that gives good feedback imo. Mine just doesn't give me enough warning that I am losing or about to lose traction. I know there are people who do it with a controller, that boggles my mind :p

I agree, just can't do no traction control with my wheel.

Think about starting a new career as a different team already. I'm only 8 races into this career but I'm just going to be losing every single rivalry to Kimi and it's not very fun.

PS: Went on a bit of an adding spree, for anyone who wants to add me my steam is just tibbz2 :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom