F1 2016

Associate
Show me these areas lol, I keep getting slapped down for the most minor infringements :( although its much more lenient in the wet, but I agree - not the most exciting track

It's strict for cutting corners, but you can go wide and floor it off the track on almost all of them. A lot of the top ghosts do it. Anyway I've set my benchmark of 1.37.6

Pretty meh, bring on Monaco instead! :p

Soldato
@CaptainRAVE

Whats with your TT lap? your about 50mph quicker across the start finish line and about a second ahead by the end of the first straight? very similar to when you cut the corner on Australia to gain time.

Associate
It's pretty likely. To be honest I can't get much faster than 1.37.6 without abusing the track limits. I'm pretty consistent at getting near. Got the exact same fastest time twice to the nearest thousandth! I hope the other tracks aren't this bad, a lot of the remaining ones have a lot of tarmac runoff as well

Soldato
We are starting to mirror real life. Where's Charlie so I can complain about the amount of run off and corner cutting :p:p:p

I had my first race in Baku last night and loved it. What an absolute cracker of a track. Shame that wasn't the case IRL.

Associate
Maybe he goes wide at penultimate corner and onto the runoff for the almightiest slingshot onto the straight? Just a guess, I will try tomorrow

Also when does this event end cos I've not had the time to put much many laps in yet

Soldato
Youngblood normally puts the final times up on Monday mornings to get a full week in on the next track.

It must be something like that Captain does, I tried but it kept disqualifying me :p

Soldato
I found that on the last corner if I went slightly over the white track limits i would be disqualified, but if I took the almighty off and then hit the straight at a higher speed I would screw up that lap but be so much faster on the next.. Its just a shame that my pad control is terrible.

Tried the Steam controller, the triggers are so much nicer... but the position of the stick and the shape of the stick are poor... What's the xbox one pad like in comparison for the triggers?

Associate
I've only used the PS4 and Xbox One controllers but I feel like the XBO is miles ahead out of the two, the triggers vibrate too so you can feel when you might be going over the edge of traction. I feel like the length of travel is longer, not sure if true but feels it as I find modulating the trigger more easier. I like the position of the left joystick as you can use the menu using the dpad with more ease compared to the Ps4 (which has the same position as the steam controller)

Associate
Russia results are in.

2v0g6c9.jpg
se6m3l.jpg

Sooty was so close to a gold medal, or is that Sweep?, I just know it's not Bungal :D

Up next is USA, Rumour has it Moose has a new engine for this track :eek: Good Luck!
350w1le.jpg

Soldato
I'm taking a break from F1 as I have gone back to playing games like FA Premier League Manager 2002 and Champ Manager 2010! Forgot how many hours I can waste on those things! But hope to be back on F1 real soon! :)

Last edited:
Associate
I had a crack earlier, almost level with finners, +0.086 iirc, i can pick up some more time in the esses but then end up losing it in that stupid off camber penultimate corner, and sometime at that other weird left hander after the back straight. Getting the penultimate corner nailed will help me most though, one of my earlier laps had a fairly quicker sector 3 but haven't hooked it up quite like that again

Back
Top Bottom