F1 2016

Just got the game lastnight, fun title for sure.
Ran some TT earlier, down to 1:36.12 for Japan , all aids off default setup, reckon I can come close to a 1.34 with some setup tweaking.

Anyone know when it says what position on the leaderboard you are is that relative to your aids off or is it just overall?

I'm used to sims like automobilista and assetto corsa etc so its all aids off for me 100% of the time, would be nice to be put onto a leaderboard of only users running with all aids OFF.

Just got the game lastnight, fun title for sure.
Ran some TT earlier, down to 1:36.12 for Japan , all aids off default setup, reckon I can come close to a 1.34 with some setup tweaking.

Anyone know when it says what position on the leaderboard you are is that relative to your aids off or is it just overall?

I'm used to sims like automobilista and assetto corsa etc so its all aids off for me 100% of the time, would be nice to be put onto a leaderboard of only users running with all aids OFF.

I'm new to f1 2016 but I'm sure its an overall leaderboard with both aids on and off,i race with abs and traction control,i wonder if I could get a better time if I tried getting used to racing with aids off?

oh wow I never knew there was an OcUK F1 group, how do I get my times on the leaderboard?

Edit: I've just joined the steam group

Edit 2: I read a few pages back and got the info, sent a friend request to YoungBlood, I've set a 1:35.764 at Suzuka with default setup so far

Last edited:
Some cheeky movers and shakers @ Japan
Will we see a late resurgence from Moose, will Voodoo hold onto 3rd, will youngblood beat the oldphart, oh the tension! :D
35hmzpe.jpg

Think it's time to admit that despite putting about 8hrs into it, I still can't finish the Melbourne GP at 1/4 distance (offline). Two laps to go is my best.

I run without aids on hard difficulty and qualified 6th in the Manor but every race, someone either takes me out due to me making a slight mistake on the traction (sometimes seemingly no reason) or I make a mistake/the game stutters.

Even using flashback doesn't seem to help as I end up in the middle of a corner, can't keep it going then end up with a split second flashback window in which I'm already losing the car.

Any tips on keeping the AI at bay or maximising the flashback window?

My intention was to run a hard career to get used to it then push up...

Thanks.

Finners you've put in a bloody good lap, on my best of laps I can just about tail you going into the hairpin but it all goes down hill from there. I'll try later with my controller - I've usually been quicker with the controller over my wheel since F1 2014

Think it's time to admit that despite putting about 8hrs into it, I still can't finish the Melbourne GP at 1/4 distance (offline). Two laps to go is my best.

I run without aids on hard difficulty and qualified 6th in the Manor but every race, someone either takes me out due to me making a slight mistake on the traction (sometimes seemingly no reason) or I make a mistake/the game stutters.

Even using flashback doesn't seem to help as I end up in the middle of a corner, can't keep it going then end up with a split second flashback window in which I'm already losing the car.

Thanks.

Sounds like you might have to much of an edgey set-up if you know what mean. You obviously have relative pace being able to get a manor 6th place in qually but maybe a car balanced with to much oversteer and too little traction.

Would be worth messing with your set up to find something a bit more comfortable.

Finners you've put in a bloody good lap, on my best of laps I can just about tail you going into the hairpin but it all goes down hill from there. I'll try later with my controller - I've usually been quicker with the controller over my wheel since F1 2014

Hairpin after the bridge? That's quite a long way through the lap and I'm taking it a bit more carefully after that point if I'm on a PB to not mess up haha

I'm struggling a little on the exit which is where the some of the time is lost, then a little on the exit of Spoon, and then I locked up into the final chicane - I need to play around with brake settings, I'm not totally comfortable with my pedals (T500RS + T3PA Pro) and have been messing around with brake saturation

Sounds like you might have to much of an edgey set-up if you know what mean. You obviously have relative pace being able to get a manor 6th place in qually but maybe a car balanced with to much oversteer and too little traction.

Would be worth messing with your set up to find something a bit more comfortable

Thanks.

I just copied someone's setup off YouTube.

Will see if I can get a bit more confident on traction.

Thanks.

Just always flashback to a straight or somewhere you know you can go from. Never flashback mid corner as it is a nightmare and even if you do manage to get right back on it it is very hard not to lose time. Take time using a flashback for the first time and make sure it is in a place you at comfortable getting back in on as you may need to go back to that same point.

Just make sure you give the AI a wide berth! They aren't the most intelligent and will easily smack into your bum if you aren't quick enough out of a corner.

I can now consistently find 3 tenths in the esses but keep losing it in the degners (2 90degree right handers), its been like that since I turned traction to medium, normally I play wih it off.

Back
Top Bottom