F1 2017

Caporegime
A lot are using it in Assetto Corsa with great detail.

no a lot arent using it just a small percentage are.mainly media people.it can look great but its just not VR time yet.thats why every month or every other week theres another drop in price on VR stuff.its a small niche thing until someone gets the headsets the same size as glasses and in the £100-£200 range.also you need the games developers to cater for it.doesnt matter if the do £100 VR which is great if devs arent making the games for it.

Soldato
~Dg~ in talking out of the wrong hole shocker...

no a lot arent using it just a small percentage are.

PC gamers are a minority to begin with. That said, there are plenty of people using VR for sim racing.

mainly media people.

Proof?

it can look great but its just not VR time yet.thats why every month or every other week theres another drop in price on VR stuff.

Sure, it's early days and of course things will improve in the next few years.
There isn't a price drop 'every month or every other week'. Oculus had a major cut and HTC have responded. That's it.

its a small niche thing until someone gets the headsets the same size as glasses and in the £100-£200 range.

Says who? You? Oh, well it must be a fact then.
There's nothing wrong with the size of the headsets. It's not like we have to wear helmets.

also you need the games developers to cater for it.doesnt matter if the do £100 VR which is great if devs arent making the games for it.

Well, yeah... Which is why there are people in this thread that are disappointed with F1 2017 not supporting it, when most of the other big racing titles do.

Caporegime
~Dg~ in talking out of the wrong hole shocker...

no a lot arent using it just a small percentage are.

PC gamers are a minority to begin with. That said, there are plenty of people using VR for sim racing.

mainly media people.

Proof?

it can look great but its just not VR time yet.thats why every month or every other week theres another drop in price on VR stuff.

Sure, it's early days and of course things will improve in the next few years.
There isn't a price drop 'every month or every other week'. Oculus had a major cut and HTC have responded. That's it.

its a small niche thing until someone gets the headsets the same size as glasses and in the £100-£200 range.

Says who? You? Oh, well it must be a fact then.
There's nothing wrong with the size of the headsets. It's not like we have to wear helmets.

also you need the games developers to cater for it.doesnt matter if the do £100 VR which is great if devs arent making the games for it.

Well, yeah... Which is why there are people in this thread that are disappointed with F1 2017 not supporting it, when most of the other big racing titles do.

it is a niche thing because of the price , the size , the development ingame. heres a thing i will give you £5 if more than one hundred people have it on ocuk.yet hundreds of millions game.why do you think many games that would be great dont have VR? it answers itself.its not ready yet.it hasnt been ready since it all begin in arcades in early 1990s.

its not even one percent who play racing games who use vr thats why many dont cater for it.you maybe have seen a few on youtube or twitch or whatever but avg joe dont use it wont use it.for the reasons mentioned.debate all you want thats why price drops one month after another come .no one is buying them.or in amounts that matter to change anything.

most of the big companies look at VR and think. oh we could spend 1 million on developing a VR title how many will buy for VR ? 1 percent lets not bother ! lets have that 1 million in the bank make the same game.its that simple.

Caporegime
it is a niche thing because of the price , the size , the development ingame. heres a thing i will give you £5 if more than one hundred people have it on ocuk.yet hundreds of millions game.why do you think many games that would be great dont have VR? it answers itself.its not ready yet.it hasnt been ready since it all begin in arcades in early 1990s.

its not even one percent who play racing games who use vr thats why many dont cater for it.you maybe have seen a few on youtube or twitch or whatever but avg joe dont use it wont use it.for the reasons mentioned.debate all you want thats why price drops one month after another come .no one is buying them.or in amounts that matter to change anything.

most of the big companies look at VR and think. oh we could spend 1 million on developing a VR title how many will buy for VR ? 1 percent lets not bother ! lets have that 1 million in the bank make the same game.its that simple.

Same old story though. The content won't come without the sales and user base but many would be happy to join the user base if more content were there.

Have you tried it DG? I've been blown away by the quality of Robo Recall and in that game anyway it's not a gimmick. The first time a Spider bot jumped at me and I was able to duck and reach up and grab it as it passed over my head was a truly defining moment. Then when I got up close and personal with another robot and was able to reach out and grab it and pull it apart with my hands and, unknowingly did it slowly as if it would be difficult or require strength, only to remember it was VR and I could just do it in a split second amazed me. I played Elite Dangerous on and off for about 9 months on my standard monitor, although it is Ultrawide and it was pretty good fun. In VR it's another level entirely. You are flying through the cosmos and able to look round your cockpit seamlessly. It's blown me away again. When you're dogfighting through the asteroid belt of a conflict zone and instinctively tracking the enemy ship by looking and your joystick motions track where you're looking without giving it a moments thought and craning your neck to one side to try and catch sight of your foe is truly immersive.

Sure I still spend most evenings playing 'normal' games but playing on my Rift has been fantastic and I haven't even tried a racing game yet. I was hoping for VR support in this game. :(

Soldato
@~>Dg<~
it is a niche thing because of the price , the size , the development ingame.

If there's anything that's holding people back from purchase, it's the price, sure.
However, it's not just the price of the headsets, it's the price of the whole setup. You need a fairly powerful PC to run it well, which isn't cheap.
Price is something that stops a lot of people getting into PC gaming to start with.
All my friends IRL who've tried it, loved it. The only thing stopping them is that they'd have to buy PC's. If, like me, they already had capable gaming PC's, they'd be on it in a heartbeat at the current prices.

The size of the headsets is a non-issue. I don't know why you keep repeating it like it's a major factor. Sure, it'd be great if VR headsets were the size of Fat shark FPV goggles, but it's not an issue I've heard anyone but you bring up as a major thing.

There are plenty of developers either creating games for VR or adding VR to existing games.
Could there be more? Of course.

heres a thing i will give you £5 if more than one hundred people have it on ocuk.yet hundreds of millions game.why do you think many games that would be great dont have VR? it answers itself.its not ready yet.it hasnt been ready since it all begin in arcades in early 1990s.

I don't know how many forum members have VR and neither do you. I do know that there were worldwide shortages when they dropped the price, so it's a fair bet to say that are a hell of a lot more owners now than there were a few months ago though.
Do hundreds of millions own powerful gaming PC's? No. You're including various generations of consoles in your figures.

What do you mean by 'not ready yet'? Ready for what? Mass market uptake?
PC gaming is an expensive niche market to start with, as is sim racing, what with all the paraphernalia required.

Comparing to 90's arcade VR is a joke argument. We're way beyond that, even at this apparently 'not ready' stage.

Where are you getting your figures from?
While the numbers are obviously lower than the number of people using 1-3 monitors, you don't know the real figures any better than the rest of us.
From being a part of the 'sim racing community' and seeing all the chatter going on, I can definitely state that many people are moving over to VR. Does absolutely everyone want it? No, of course not. It's not for everyone.
VR isn't just about sim racing though.

Again, there has only been one major price drop from the big two. Stop with this 'month after month' nonsense.
Yes, the price is/was a stumbling point for many. These recent price drops have had the required effect of getting a lot more people into the userbase though. Including me.

LOL Dg and his industry insider knowledge strikes again :D
Come on, man. For years, you've been getting ripped a new one on this forum for acting like you have inside information, when the reality is that you make **** up in your head and present it as fact.

I will grant you that VR is a niche within a niche, it's slightly expensive to get into and that it's a more profitable option to spend big money on big game production that caters for an existing wide userbase on console/PC - That's IF we were talking about making AAA titles purely for VR, but we're not. We're talking about a racing title not having VR support.
For you to categorically state that the only reason F1 2017 doesn't have VR support is because VR isn't ready and that they can't get the headsets right and that they're too big is an argument created in your head without facts.
Other titles prove that this isn't the case, and unless you have a direct quote from Codemasters that confirm this, you're talking out of your crack as usual.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can we possibly take this discussion elsewhere.

Lets stick with F! 2017 discussions and not whether VR is good or not etc - please!

Soldato
While it is slightly off topic, it's not really about whether VR is good or not. It's about why this game hasn't implemented it.
Dg has his opinion and we're entitled to respond. Naturally, those responses have to be about more than purely this game, given that his opinion is about more than this game.
I'm sorry if it bothers you.

On topic:

It's a nope for me.
I've been burned on F1 '10, '12, '13 and '16 with them feeling like crap with a steering wheel.
I'd be astonished if this is any different.

Caporegime
the games getting decent reviews :D wont be getting this one.liked f1 2016 though but im more of a rally person .

petey people think they ripped me a new one i just post my opinion i have played many games before release and test for many games.whether others believe that or not who cares.

dirt rally in VR is one of the best VR titles if you want a rally title which works well in Vr.

Man of Honour
OP
Surprised at such great reviews again. Codies have done well to take fan feedback on board and to work with some of the v-log enthusiasts. Shame about the pricing though.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
We can't expect much with an annual development cycle however it's looking like a decent authentic franchised racer so I'm happy with that *dusts off G27*

Soldato
Anyone car to post up their G920 settings from previous years (G27 I guess is the same?)

Tried my new G920 with F1 2015 last night and was all over the place!

Back
Top Bottom