F1 2019

Soldato
People just don't know how sweet open wheel racing is in VR. It's every bit as thrilling as what you see on the tv from the driver view.

More people experience it, the more likely it'll come to an official F1 game.

Associate
People just don't know how sweet open wheel racing is in VR. It's every bit as thrilling as what you see on the tv from the driver view.

More people experience it, the more likely it'll come to an official F1 game.

funny most people say that aswell but I think being in the cockpit of a car is more immersive than being in a open wheel car in vr.
Just looking around it is awesome, realising how small it is in a lmp2 cockpit is a particular highlight for me.

anyway looking forward to this, vr would be awesome but it wont have and I doubt ever will have it, so no point worrying about it.
just need to learn all the braking points as I wont be able to judge distance in it very well.
Get to see all the lovely detail in 4k now tho so that's one welcome change from vr.

Soldato
Do you find the brake pedal quite spongy and requiring a lot of force to register braking?
Infact a quick google has yielded this issue with quite a few people.
Whats your experience CR?

(CR by the way - are you still playing ST:O? Or has that die a death?)

Man of Honour
OP
Do you find the brake pedal quite spongy and requiring a lot of force to register braking?
Infact a quick google has yielded this issue with quite a few people.
Whats your experience CR?

(CR by the way - are you still playing ST:O? Or has that die a death?)

I found it difficult to push down (even with quite strong legs!). So I followed a modification posted online. I think I removed a plastic square that was making the spring tighter. Millions of screws, but easy to do and now have some decent control over the brake. Haven’t used it since the last F1 game I played, two years ago! Need to get it all dusted and set up. It was an epic wheel though. So much control and feedback.

Haven’t played ST:O since we all stopped shortly after release. I loved it back then, but too many changes since make it too difficult to get back in - that and not having as much time!

Associate
Guys help me out here. I usually am great in racing games. But F1, can't do it. Not with keyboard, not with PS4 controller.

Do I have to have a proper steering wheel to unleash my inner "Leclerk" ? :D

Soldato
Guys help me out here. I usually am great in racing games. But F1, can't do it. Not with keyboard, not with PS4 controller.

Do I have to have a proper steering wheel to unleash my inner "Leclerk" ? :D

Its just practice, friend of mine hated F1 when he first tried it, now is pretty fast, I've spent a good 300+ hours in F1 games which is small amount to some people and I think I'm ok at it now

Back
Top Bottom