F1 2019

Wow, I can tell I haven’t played for 3 years. I even managed to spin with full traction control on.

Need to fine tune my wheel. Can’t quite get it into a sweet spot yet.

That said, the game looks, sounds and feels fantastic. Runs perfectly so far.

Finally have my wheel in a good place. Difficulty set to 80% and will up it bit by bit. Car handling is far beyond F1 2016, the last F1 game I played. Takes some getting used to.

Impressed how well this runs.

Slowly edging the difficulty up. Great to be able to fine tune it so much.

The cars feel great. Have turned off most assists - challenging and probably makes me a bit slower, but also much more fun.

What difficulty are people racing on? I’m on 80 and finding it a real challenge just to keep up with the pack.

80, but need to up it to 85-90 I think.

Just had my first multiplayer race. I won, but the usual people ramming into you.

Stopped playing now. Just too hot. Window open and tower fan is doing nothing.

Had to turn down the FFB settings on my G29 also to give it a more acceptable feel. Default at 100% was far to strong. Felt like driving in cobblestone on the track.

Same on my G920. At around 80%.

The leaderboards seem way more competitive than they used to. The combination of me being slower and the introduction of the esport community I guess.

Liking the AI, they really challenge now when racing.

Same old rubbish on multiplayer though (why should a lapped car be able to crash into you when spinning about on the track?).

I really dont get this game... I got medium traction control and going round a corner some still yields a spin even when I blip the throttle slowly....

ABS and traction control have been heavily nerfed. You will also find that if you don’t manage your throttle carefully you quickly destroy your rear tyres. They are clearly going more down the sim/esport route now.

In acc you can spin tires with med tc on in a gt3 car, these battery powered f1 cars have insane torque and are as light as a feather. Would imagine that aspect of it is reasonably realistic.

What is great about the new handling model is that you can feel the downforce kicking in and can only really go full throttle at that point. The F2 cars are crazy twitchy in comparison.

If someone knows how to change AI difficulty during a season, that would be helpful!

I'm on 80 'hard' but finishing 6th every race in the Toro Rosso. Fighting Ferrari and Red bull, clear of F1.5.

I think it'd be more fun fighting to get in the points.

Try 90. The difficulty increases well. You can increase the difficulty between most sessions.

This will be my first F1 game for a long time and I'd like to get a wheel. Can anyone recommend an entry level one? Don't want to spend big just in case I don't like it.

Budget?

Back
Top Bottom