F1 Season 2024 - Pre-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
some seem to forget why it was introduced in the first place.
Not at all. As @SKILL said it was because the cars couldn’t follow in the previous regs. They could literally get to within 1sec of a car and would kill themselves trying to keep up in the hot, dirty air. They’d last about a lap, I remember it well.

The regs now allow for much closer following for extended periods, hence DRS is totally unnecessary.

Caporegime
DRS was always complete rubbish; it only ever swapped one problem for another. What's more, by existing it let F1 tolerate the problem that DRS "fixed" instead of being continually under pressure to solve the actual problem.

At the very least it needs to be massively weakened, but getting rid of it would be best.

Associate
VER, LEC, ALO current top 3 - if that's 2024, then I'd be really happy.
Its tough to say considering we've only seen half the drivers on the field so far. It'll be interesting to see how the times compare this afternoon/tomorrow when the second drivers get out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nah wishful thinking, the only time I would agree with that would be if someone unexpected was topping the times and even then they would still be reasonable at the start of the season.
Don't get me wrong, unless RB have completely rolled the dice on some wild concept, which is highly unlikely, then I fully expect Max to have another dominant season. My only hope is that the likes of Charles and Alonso are up there, maybe throw in a wild McLaren or 2.

Soldato
One thing has been very very noticeable with this first testing session...............................not once since the start has the camera covered the RB pit wall........................all the others yes, but not RB. Very odd that.

Soldato
One thing has been very very noticeable with this first testing session...............................not once since the start has the camera covered the RB pit wall........................all the others yes, but not RB. Very odd that.
maybe they asked to avoid filming due to on going investigation.

Man of Honour
OP
To be honest I've not heard a lot of bosses mentioned; not heard a mention of Toto Wolff or Eric Vasseur either.
I think its more that they're focusing on the cars (and loving the sound of their own voices) more than anything else

Edit: Just about saw Toto's eye there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom