F1 Season 2024 - Pre-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Same here. I think we all know the cars are all going to look practically identical. I'm not holding my breath for a livery.
Quite, also used to look forwards to the car launches as well but now it's all just for the corporate sponsors. But it has been like that for years now.
Still there's always the tests to look towards...

Last edited:
Soldato
For a moment I thought they'd used green tinted carbon fibre, but then it turned out it was just the lighting :(

Looks okay, not as nice as previous liveries with less carbon, but better than most of the cars we've seen.
I wonder if there's something in the rules / safety guidelines that prevents it's use.

Ferarri carbon fibre is always a work of art (at least at the start of the season) - I wonder if they'll be first. Red carbon weave would be amazing.

McLaren did a lovely job of it on Lando's one off 765LT. https://www.thespeedjournal.com/mclaren-formula-1-star-lando-norris-mso-mclaren-765lt-spider/

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I feel like having a flutter on a relative outsider winning a race this season. Pre testing is the time to do it for the best odds, I assume. Anyone make similar bad decisions? (Can you tell I'm not a gambler?!).

Soldato
Surely the Alonso to Merc stuff is just nonsense? Does it even make sense, he'll be 43 at the start of the season turning 44 mid-season, and being a 2-time world champion I assume he doesn't come cheap...

Given you've got Albon, Mick Schumacher, even Ocon as options you'd take any of them over an OAP Alonso? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom