F1 Season 2024 - Pre-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Ferrari best looking car so far. Some bare carbon, but neatly done.

Surely the Alonso to Merc stuff is just nonsense? Does it even make sense, he'll be 43 at the start of the season turning 44 mid-season, and being a 2-time world champion I assume he doesn't come cheap...

Merc will have money in the bank for Lewis, they'll be fine. His short time may make sense for them when you consider the plan for Kimi Antonelli coming into the team pretty soon. Also, Fred believes he can keeping racing for years to come.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
You can always rely on Ferrari to come up with something good looking in a sea of boring looking cars. Despite we all knowing that it will be Red, it just always looks good.

Man of Honour
OP
Surely the Alonso to Merc stuff is just nonsense? Does it even make sense, he'll be 43 at the start of the season turning 44 mid-season, and being a 2-time world champion I assume he doesn't come cheap...

Given you've got Albon, Mick Schumacher, even Ocon as options you'd take any of them over an OAP Alonso? :p

Personally while I'd kind of like to see it I think Alonso is more likely to stay at Aston; especially with future opportunity in sports cars there too; but I don't have an issue with his age if he's quick enough.
Surely a lot will ride on how Russell performs as well though; he needs Merc to see him as a team leader or I can see them opening their cheque book to try and buy out the contract of someone like Norris.

If Russell performs then there's a bigger chance they just chuck someone like Schumacher in for a season I'd say; especially with 2025 being a bit of a dead year with the end of the "regulation era"

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally while I'd kind of like to see it I think Alonso is more likely to stay at Aston; especially with future opportunity in sports cars there too; but I don't have an issue with his age if he's quick enough.
Surely a lot will ride on how Russell performs as well though; he needs Merc to see him as a team leader or I can see them opening their cheque book to try and buy out the contract of someone like Norris.

If Russell performs then there's a bigger chance they just chuck someone like Schumacher in for a season I'd say; especially with 2025 being a bit of a dead year with the end of the "regulation era"
If Aston wanted to can a driver, there’s an obvious option. Replacing Alonso won’t fix the fact that only one driver is getting points.

Soldato

Given you've got Albon, Mick Schumacher, even Ocon as options you'd take any of them over an OAP Alonso? :p
I expect they'll wait till much later in the season before making a decision.

I'd still put Sainz up there as one of their best potential candidates, from the drivers likely to be available. Guess it'll depend on how his season goes now he's driving for his seat instead of as Leclercs wingman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom