F1 Testing 2019: Week 1 Barcelona (18th - 21st)

Associate
The weight will help some of the taller drivers, Hamilton was saying he was able to bulk up a little with his training. Other drivers in interviews have joked about having more food.

Soldato
From Sky’s livestream:

Ferrari rivals sandbagging?
Representatives from Red Bull and Mercedes have independently said today that they believe Ferrari have an edge over the pack at the moment, so what do the Scuduria themselves think?

Charles Leclerc spoke to the press at lunch and reckons it's all a bit of a phoney war at the moment: "They are probably not pushing and we are not either."

He admits the new Ferrari feels good, but what exactly their rivals are up to remains unknown:

“It’s difficult because I’ve only driven the car twice and not many laps. But it feels good. The balance feels good. As Seb said, it doesn’t feel like a new car it already feels like it’s a quite established car.

"But the other teams are sandbagging, we need to see where they are."

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Both Merc drivers have come out and said that the Ferrari looks quick in all fuel levels, but we simply don't know.

There's sandbagging and there's sandbagging so that you're 2s a lap slower.... given Merc are so far back on the timesheets that's a big step in power/aero to make up for the lulz, so we will only truly see come Australia. Don't forget Vet stormed the first few races last year, so it wouldn't be a big shock if they are quickest.

Soldato
Oh I know it's only testing. But I get sucked into the hype quickly, the winter break always does that to me.

To be fair, Mercedes long run pace seems OK. I'm petty. I'd rather Leclrec win the WDC than Vettel. I don't want Vettel and Hamilton having the equal amount of WDCs

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Well I just read on the feed that they think Ferrari have 4/5 tenths over everyone else! As a Hamilton fan, that hurts!

Well, according to folks on here Vettel is utter garbage and Hamilton is the best driver on the grid right now. So I'm sure that he can make up the odd half-second.

;)

Soldato
Oh I know it's only testing. But I get sucked into the hype quickly, the winter break always does that to me.

To be fair, Mercedes long run pace seems OK. I'm petty. I'd rather Leclrec win the WDC than Vettel. I don't want Vettel and Hamilton having the equal amount of WDCs

I'm happy for anyone but Hamilton to win WDC this year and Mercedes the WCC.

Soldato
Well, according to folks on here Vettel is utter garbage and Hamilton is the best driver on the grid right now. So I'm sure that he can make up the odd half-second.

;)

He didn't just turn up and get gifted those 4 WDCs or go on a winning streak of like 9 consecutive races by luck. He had a car advantage, sure, but I only put him second to Lewis of the current grid.

I'm happy for anyone but Hamilton to win WDC this year and Mercedes the WCC.

Nope. I want the double!

Back
Top Bottom