F1 Testing 2019: Week 1 Barcelona (18th - 21st)

Man of Honour
Well I just read on the feed that they think Ferrari have 4/5 tenths over everyone else! As a Hamilton fan, that hurts!

It’s testing...

Hamilton had a very good lap on a harder tyre until it was abandoned.

We don’t know fuel loads and it isn’t like Hamilton is going to say ‘we are clearly faster’.

Mercedes also have a good track record of development throughout a season.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There’s no chance Vettel doesn’t already have a no.1 contract though. He’d be foolish if he wasn’t asking for it when he joined and now that he’s got a relative newcomer as a partner, do we honestly believe Leclerc will get a fair shake.... this is Ferrari.

Caporegime
There’s no chance Vettel doesn’t already have a no.1 contract though. He’d be foolish if he wasn’t asking for it when he joined and now that he’s got a relative newcomer as a partner, do we honestly believe Leclerc will get a fair shake.... this is Ferrari.

Usually I'd agree, but after Vettel's performance last year I doubt he carries much favour in Ferrari. If, and that's a big if, Leclerc is performing better I think they'll let him do it.

Soldato

There’s a number one driver contract and there’s absolute performance. If Leclerc outqualifies and out scores Vettel by the time Barcelona comes back around in May, Ferrari will back him irrespective of a contract.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

is there a teds note book or similar that sums up each day of testing?

unable to watch or even keep tabs on the day really as i'm a truck driver.
Listen to the autosport podcast. They do a daily summary during testing.

Soldato
Ferrari pictures from testing:

** Please do not hotlink images. Use your own web hosting such as TinyPic or Imgur to re-host them OR provide a link to the website you're referencing - EVH **

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
OP
Really hope Renault have a car to challenge for podiums this year, Hulk and Ricciardo are my personal favourite drivers on the grid.

Hulkenberg has been forgotten about a bit, but imo both are easily WDC material and have been unlucky so far not to have landed WDC contending drives.

Really looking forward to Leclerc challenging Seb too and seeing how Seb handles it, he surely has to bounce back this season.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

My head says Ferrari (Vet) will triumph this year... they were stellar in the first half of 2018 and threw it away but my heart says Mercedes (Ham) will be up there providing the car doesn't suddenly lose 0.3s or explode 4 times in a season :p

Back
Top Bottom