F1 Testing 2019: Week 1 Barcelona (18th - 21st)

Man of Honour
My head says Ferrari (Vet) will triumph this year... they were stellar in the first half of 2018 and threw it away but my heart says Mercedes (Ham) will be up there providing the car doesn't suddenly lose 0.3s or explode 4 times in a season :p

My head said that last year and the year before. Vettel will only win if the car has a decent advantage at every track.

Soldato
My head says Ferrari (Vet) will triumph this year... they were stellar in the first half of 2018 and threw it away but my heart says Mercedes (Ham) will be up there providing the car doesn't suddenly lose 0.3s or explode 4 times in a season :p

Based on the last 2 years I'd agree. Unless Vet and Lec end up taking points from one another.

Man of Honour
OP
Certainly feels like Ferrari have an advantage at the start of this season, same as the previous two.

Just how big of an advantage will be very interesting. If it's significant then Leclerc may well be allowed to battle for race wins, if it's tighter then likely we'll see team orders in play.
This wasn't an issue really with Kimi as he often unperformed on a Saturday and didn't kick up a fuss on a Sunday either when Seb needed to move past, but I suspect Charles will qualify much better.

Back
Top Bottom