*** FACTORIO: Space Age **** DLC pack announced!

the biggest difference is resource only last a finite amount so you are constantly growing and expanding the factory to get more and working on logsitics. Both are incredible! Dyson Sphere is the best looking though :)

the biggest difference is resource only last a finite amount so you are constantly growing and expanding the factory to get more and working on logsitics. Both are incredible! Dyson Sphere is the best looking though :)
Yeh I’ve just been playing the demo! Enjoyed it and I’ll probably buy it, but the finite amount of resources really doesn’t sit well with me. Surely you’re destroying your factories constantly?

Yeh I’ve got DSP, not played it for about 12-18 months but I seem to remember it was fun.

How does it compare to Satisfactory? I'm mega addicted to Satisfactory. Is it bascially the same game but 2D? I know it's being out longer.

Factorio is more of a game and less of a sandbox. Enemies are a real threat rather than an annoyance, and you must defend against them. Resources exhaust so you need to keep finding new. There is little aesthetic control and so the Satisfactory thing of building beautiful decorations for your factory doesn't exist, and it's just overall much less pretty.

Both are excellent games.

theres mods for that. or set ore patchs to very large. Space Exploration has core miner basically making it infinite resources.

I like the stress and pressure of factorio, especially playing on deathworld where it’s just a brutal assault of biters, they come in terrifying waves and can wipe you out in 10 seconds, early game.

Factorio is a very deep game, once you get into the coding element of it, you can build incredibly efficient setups that do really cool stuff.

Definitely in my top 3 games of all time

You can adjust the map settings so resource patches are near enough never ending if you really want, but needing to add more is part of the game - it drives you to using things like trains. If you just used the same resource patch from the start of the game you'd have to rip up a bunch of your base to put in faster belts, miners, assemblers etc anyway.

The expansion default map settings seems to be more generous with resources on Nauvis
You can adjust the map settings so resource patches are near enough never ending if you really want, but needing to add more is part of the game - it drives you to using things like trains. If you just used the same resource patch from the start of the game you'd have to rip up a bunch of your base to put in faster belts, miners, assemblers etc anyway.
The new default settings map is a lot more generous with resources on Nauvis as well

As my most played game of all time I've been waiting for this one and I'm not disappointed so far, even though I haven't really gotten to the bulk of the new content yet (I don't have all that much time to play these days)

Just got to space. After playing OG for so long it's nice to have a sense of surprise and head scratching again with this game.
My Nauvis base is in absolute shambles, and everything seems so steel hungry now.

Launching a rocket is certainly a lot easier, but it makes sense when you realise you have to constantly ship flooring up to space at 50 bits a time. No way could you reliably do that with the previous requirements.

Game is so big now, that you just have to do anything no matter how messy otherwise your not going to make a dent in the game.

Last edited:
Utterly addicted with the DLC. Played maybe 1 hour of another game since it came out, I've had the week off work and achieved very little outside of Factorio :D
Playing in MP with a bunch of mates. We've got established bases on Nauvis, Vulcanus and Fulgora. Gleba is just getting started off. Have a couple of spaceships built by different people, here's the one I've spent a bunch of time building up today with various higher quality parts to improve it. Can simplify some of the combinator logic and optimise things, but right now it's zipping around the system at around 200km/s collecting science from the remote planets and delivering to Nauvis.

Utterly addicted with the DLC. Played maybe 1 hour of another game since it came out, I've had the week off work and achieved very little outside of Factorio :D
Playing in MP with a bunch of mates. We've got established bases on Nauvis, Vulcanus and Fulgora. Gleba is just getting started off. Have a couple of spaceships built by different people, here's the one I've spent a bunch of time building up today with various higher quality parts to improve it. Can simplify some of the combinator logic and optimise things, but right now it's zipping around the system at around 200km/s collecting science from the remote planets and delivering to Nauvis.
Meanwhile, I'm still trying to remember how to play Factorio and making a horse n'cart :D

Back
Top Bottom