Failed assassination on Ahmed Dogan

Caporegime
Riggggght......

I wonder how many people can truly say they'd be calm, collected and stop at just restraining an attacker who only due to a mechanical failure was prevented from killing one of their friends or family.

Doesn't mean they should escape the law because of that.

Soldato
Not that the British press would know but the pistol was a gas pistol. He would have got a peppering of debris, broken skin or lost eye, similar to a blank really.

Still a silly thing to do.

Caporegime
You would have thought for something as important as that where you only get one shot that he would have used something more reliable like a revolver, they aren't exactly a new invention...

Soldato
Not that the British press would know but the pistol was a gas pistol. He would have got a peppering of debris, broken skin or lost eye, similar to a blank really.

Still a silly thing to do.

Which rather begs the question: Why not do it properly? There can't exactly be a scarcity of firearms in Bulgaria.

Caporegime
Hmm ok just a fail assumption then.

Also yes you should be arrested for assaulting a person when he is no longer a threat, otherwise you just inflame the situation and can make it worse.

Sounds like you've followed one fail assumption with another one. The guy tried to kill someone, got a bit of a beating instead and will likely be sent to prison for a long time. I can't see how that inflames the situation or makes anything worse.

Caporegime
Sounds like you've followed one fail assumption with another one. The guy tried to kill someone, got a bit of a beating instead and will likely be sent to prison for a long time. I can't see how that inflames the situation or makes anything worse.

The beating sends a message that the EU just lets any old crap in (which they do), I don't think Brussels will find it funny or support it.

Plus they are supposed to be politicians, collected individuals no matter the crap that goes their way, its comparable to the fight that broke out in Ukraine's parliament, it makes you look like an ass no matter the justification.

Man of Honour
Riggggght......

I wonder how many people can truly say they'd be calm, collected and stop at just restraining an attacker who only due to a mechanical failure was prevented from killing one of their friends or family.

Whats the relevence of that unless you think laws should be created on the basis of kneejerk emotional reactions?

Beating the **** out of the guy once he's no longer a threat is ridiculous. Swift arrest and prosecution for his very serious offence, not a beating.

Back
Top Bottom