Fake hate crime: Jussie Smollett paid two Nigerian brothers to attack him

Soldato
Out of interest are there any sports played by both sex's where the women make more money and pull in higher viewing figures ? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Tennis seems to be the closest sport i can think off to this but mens game is still considerably more popular my knowledge.
There's also the whole 5 sets vs 3 sets argument. And I'm not talking about this from a "Men are stronger and do more work so they should get paid more" argument. I'm doing it from a: "5 sets takes longer, more time for sponsors to show their logos, they pay more, so the players get paid more" argument.

Caporegime
As already said, he's a well respected journalist, the fact you have a short attention span and don't like the way he talks doesn't mean it isn't true

You've missed the point, I've not disputed whether he's a "respected journalist", I don't know or care whether he is.

No......He posted the Tim Pool video, then YOU got triggered and posted your link along with an insult.

What did you expect when you are basically insulting logic and common sense, because that's what you lot are doing. It really is like having a debate on Science vs Religion.
And I don't believe you for one second when you say you've never heard of him.

Damn it seems more like you guys have got "triggered", apparently it's not a youtube video it's a "Tim Pool" video... OK now we've got that clarified, nope I didn't know who he is, I'm not a "leftie" either btw...

I simply posted a link for the reason I stated, because the update to the thread consisted of a 16 minute youtube Sir Tim Pool video and nothing else. I thought I'd save some of the readers of the thread a bit of time with an brief article instead of listening to your hero dribble on. As a couple of people have since posted in the thread to say thanks then it seems that doing so was indeed useful. :)

Caporegime
Shapiro isn't a journalist though, I can't provide a reuters link that's easy for you to digest to prove this but I can draw one out in crayon if that would help ?

I love the analogy that reading a Reuters article which just delivers the update/facts in an impartial no-nonsense way should be compared to drawing with crayons relative to watching a youtuber Sir Tim Pool take 16 minutes to do the same: :D

"A Judge has ordered a special prosecutor in the Jussie Smolett case. (I think he means 'appointed' or 'ordered a special prosecutor appointed') It is not over. Apparently there was a mishandling of how the prosecution was supposed to go. Quick rehash for those who missed the story because it was the biggest story maybe you live under a rock. (that sentence is getting a bit Trump-esq :D) Jussie Smolett was accused of staging a hoax hate crime against himself and boy did it go downhill from there. Eventually he's kicked off his show, his show's getting cancelled but strangely, after 16 felony indictments the charges were dismissed.They called it an alternative, you know, er er dismissal or something like that but in reality it seems like a conflict of interest meant to protect the elites..."

And that's about where I gave up... you can keep your "award winning journalist" thanks :)

Associate
Cutting edge award-winning journalism at its finest, tackling the subjects that really matter.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Just the 18 videos on the subject...

To be fair to him he has made a few points over the years I've agreed with but he's definitely on the grift tip nowadays and has sussed out the best way to make money is to become a reactionary.

Caporegime
Cutting edge award-winning journalism at its finest, tackling the subjects that really matter.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

To be fair to him he has made a few points over the years I've agreed with but he's definitely on the grift tip nowadays and has sussed out the best way to make money is to become a reactionary.

"All that for a drop of blood"

Captain Marvel actually did better than most people expected in terms of the box office, so it's amusing all these people were rallying against it as some sort of agenda movie.

Caporegime
Is there anything false in what he says ? I don't see the problem apart from whatever is going on inside your head ?

Nah, you're just wilfully ignoring it, as I explained already, not everyone wants to sit through 16 mins of verbal diarrhoea. A brief article to update the thread is a useful thing to add:

My God, he's an insufferable asshat of the highest order. Thanks for the Reuters link.
The article dowie posted saved me minutes of waffle, so I'm grateful for that. Maybe you could stop yours too here now. :D

As per the above I think it has gone way off topic now, I guess you've illustrated who the waffling bloke on youtube is in your eyes and thrown in some amusing pov that it is people who read news articles that are drawing with crayons so to speak beyond that I'm not sure there is much to discuss in this tangent to the main topic.

Soldato
"All that for a drop of blood"

Captain Marvel actually did better than most people expected in terms of the box office, so it's amusing all these people were rallying against it as some sort of agenda movie.

It is an agenda movie? its success doesn't mean it has preachy unwelcome rediculous messages founded on lies.

The same was seen in endgame with the "X-force" scene, how many women can they fit on a screen?

Soldato
Really? 50 years ago male footballers worked second jobs to pay their wages.

Things change quickly.

Before that, my Granddad left the club he played for because he was offered a position at a local refractory that paid four times what he was getting for being on the books of a professional football club.

How times change.

Soldato
You've missed the point, I've not disputed whether he's a "respected journalist", I don't know or care whether he is.

I simply posted a link for the reason I stated, because the update to the thread consisted of a 16 minute youtube Sir Tim Pool video and nothing else. I thought I'd save some of the readers of the thread a bit of time with an brief article instead of listening to your hero dribble on. As a couple of people have since posted in the thread to say thanks then it seems that doing so was indeed useful. :)
If you had just posted the link I wouldn't have a problem, but the fact that you tossed in the insult quite clearly showed your disliking of the guy. But of course, you were just trying to help and have never heard of the guy.

Soldato

A METRIC CRAP-TON OF CAPTAIN MARVEL VIDEOS

Just the 18 videos on the subject...

Well you did pick his "personal channel" called "Timcast" for those reaction videos (which is mainly unscripted "reacting to" videos for news, media etc) which you used to criticise his Journalist credentials, rather than his actual scripted "Journalism" channel called "Tim Pool" or the Journalism channel he founded for other Journalists called "Subverse".

As an aside, in 2012 he was nominated in the Time 100 people of the Year for his Journalism, I wonder how many of the above posters can say the same thing about their journalism credentials when taking a pop at him for being "just a youtuber"?

Caporegime
Well you did pick his "personal channel" called "Timcast" for those reaction videos (which is mainly unscripted "reacting to" videos for news, media etc) which you used to criticise his Journalist credentials, rather than his actual scripted "Journalism" channel called "Tim Pool" or the Journalism channel he founded for other Journalists called "Subverse".

As an aside, in 2012 he was nominated in the Time 100 people of the Year for his Journalism, I wonder how many of the above posters can say the same thing about their journalism credentials when taking a pop at him for being "just a youtuber"?

Did you read the description of it at all or the poll numbers?

Caporegime
If you had just posted the link I wouldn't have a problem, but the fact that you tossed in the insult quite clearly showed your disliking of the guy. But of course, you were just trying to help and have never heard of the guy.

I had never heard of him and the link was there to help. 40 seconds of that 16 minute clip was enough to see that an article could be useful here. Not everyone wants to sit through some YouTuber waffling on, you don’t seem to get that and seemingly you’re a fan of this YouTuber but not everyone has heard of him or particularly cares, sorry if that offends you.

Back
Top Bottom