• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fallout 4 CPU benchmark thread(need some Zen3 and Zen4 results!)

Turns out i wasnt on latest Bios, i updated on the x3d launch in anticipation of my purchase but there has since been a new version released.

retested on the latest bios and it gave me slightly better scores,

Corvega gives me 84.6 at 11711 draw calls
Diamons city gives me 98.9 at 8000 draw calls on the dot

still the lowest score of the bunch but its still a slight bump, always check the Bios :P

Here's some scores from a buddy "matique" from our oc group. 12900k. 3090 FE. I'm happy to be beaten by him!

5.4_HTOFF_11700.png

5.4_HTOFF_8000.png

7000c30_v2.png

Well, that's definitely the top score so far:
2qar9TG.png
Still, I'd rather suspect your 12600K rig was a bit cheaper!

I suspect the reason why the Ryzen 7 5800X3D is underperforming with an RX5700XT is down to the game prefering Nvidia dGPUs and increased AMD driver overhead. Also look at the Ryzen 7 5800X and RX6800XT results compared to the Ryzen 7 5800X3D results and the RX5700XT numbers. There is about a 21% to 22% increase in performance using a Ryzen 7 5800X3D with a much slower dGPU. I will add some results with an RX5600XT with my Ryzen 7 5700X and see how it performs. Then hopefully I can do the same with a Core i5 10400.

Ok,benchmarked game with an RX5600XT. I used the latest supported driver.

KMDxUti.gif

NmEYb05.jpg BepvNak.jpg

I used an average of three results for each scene.

Corvega=61.33FPS(11709 Drawcalls)
Diamond City=75.67FPS(8022.67 Drawcalls)

At some point might try the Core i5 10400 with the GTX960 4GB and RX5600XT to get some more data for the table.

Last edited:
Fallout 4 has always favoured green and their DX11 driver.

I have a spare key for this if anyone wants one as I mistakenly bought two. I also can't remember which one I used, so I'll post both and whoever gets to them first, one of them should work on steam. :cry:
8P9C0-EVFHL-ALWCZ
CYPVZ-577QL-E29ZN
You are welcome.

Hi folks. Trying to run this now, but I seem to be getting higher FPS than everyone else so wondering if I am doing anything wrong?

Do i need to change resolution, or can i just follow the instructions in the OP and use the default settings as chosen by the ini files? That's what I've done below but this methodology for benchmarking seems a little odd to me.

Also I tried to copy the exact area where some results were submitted, but my draw calls were way lower than the amount you need to take the result, so I had to position the camera in a different spot to get the desired number of draw calls. See my example below.
ijXUPG4.png

Here's the highest draw calls I could get in this area where trying to position the camera in a similar area to others.
sEt44qD.png

Second area - I can't even get over 3900 draw calls, and getting 3850+ is almost impossible.
AKxzi2G.png

Am I doing something wrong? I was under the impression you take a screenshot once you have the desired number of draw calls on screen.

Last edited:
Some more scores, can probably improve on these if I push past my current overclock settings (shown in spoiler below).

Can't get anywhere near the required draw calls, guess it's an AMD driver thing in this game, so I just tried to get as high a draw call count as I could in the same areas as others took screenshots of.

5800X3D @100.8 BCLK
2x16GB Trident Royal 4400Mhz CL17 running at 14-15-12-14-40
6900 XT

Results

@LtMatt your settings are off. You need to follow the instructions step by step or it’s easy to get diff numbers. The screenshots in the posts is exactly how it should look.
I've followed the instructions in the OP, swapped the files over where required. Can you tell me what is wrong exactly?

Resolution was default, which was 1080P. Should it be lower?

Yeah the ini’s and the tweaks set all that. You should not need go into any of the game options to tweak anything.

I cant tell you what went wrong precisely but everything is controlled via the ini’s and tweaks mentioned.

Yeah the ini’s and the tweaks set all that. You should not need go into any of the game options to tweak anything.

I cant tell you what went wrong precisely but everything is controlled via the ini’s and tweaks mentioned.
Okay, well I've not changed anything. But it looks like you guys are all running really low resolution whereas I'm running default which the game selected as 1080P.

I'll try and redo all the steps to see if I missed anything.

Yes, the benchmark resolution should be 480P windowed. The only thing some of us had to change was our desktop resolution so we could see something; yes eventually we took a screenshot but the save does not point to the correct place to get the 11,700 or 8,000 drawcalls so some moving of the camera (but not the character) is required - which is hard to do precisely in a 480P window in a 1440P or higher monitor. The various screenshots through should give you a hint of the angle the camera needs to be.
You are doing the change the GPU in the ini step, right? Because in the attempt on an Oblivion benchmark over on AT (next to no takers), that part wasn't in the instructions and missing it forces the launcher to re-detect and hence change resolution.

EDIT: added the bit in italics

Last edited:
Sorry guys you were right I didn't have it setup right. I redid everything and now it looks all low resolution like yours.

I initially ran it using the 6900 XT and got bad results, switched to the 3090 and results improved significantly.

5800X3D @100.8 BCLK
2x16GB Trident Royal 4400Mhz CL17 running at 14-15-12-14-40
3090 FE
Aida 64 NS 54.2

ZPw1YIj.jpg
GzmVqbw.jpg

SiDvOgZ.jpg
L30DE2g.jpg

I can most likely improve on these scores, so I may well run this again in the future depending on how my overclock tuning goes.

If you can run the RX6900XT also,even if the score is lower it doesn't matter because if it improves over the RX5700XT score,you could have the highest AMD score. Also thanks for going to the effort - must be a PITA to take out all these cards!

Back
Top Bottom