** Fallout 4 Next Gen 2024 - MODS & TWEAKS **

Soldato
Further encouraging news regarding FOSE....

most impressive.

20224-04-30: I've put up a very early build so that mod developers can test their plugins and mods against 1.10.980. I appreciate feedback, but right now I can only realistically handle focused feedback from mod developers who know how their scripts work. Reports like "when I call GetWaterType on this specific cell with editor ID [whatever] it returns the wrong result" would be ideal, but I'll be doing investigation as needed.

Soldato
@Neil79 Not sure if this is of use to you , and your opening post.....

Mods.png

but this is being used for my start with FO following the latest patch. If you need any info about them lmk :)

Associate
I just hope my VR installation of Fallout 4 is still stable. It kicks off from MO2 so maybe it'll just use the current files it has...
Don't want to retry pancake FO4 until the dust has settled from this 'nextgen' update
One thing to take away from Wabbajack modlist authors is this step:

Change Steams Update Behavior​

Fallout 4 is still being updated by Bethesda (they only add Creation Club content). Whenever the game updates, the entire modding community goes silent for the next one or two weeks because some mods need to be updated to the latest game runtime version.

To ensure that Steam does not automatically updates the game for you, head over to the Properties window, navigate to the Updates tab and change Automatic updates to Only update this game when I launch it. You should also disable the Steam Cloud while you're at it.
(this is from FO4's Magnum Opus: https://github.com/LivelyDismay/magnum-opus/blob/main/README.md#change-steams-update-behavior but pretty much all modlists whether SSE, FO4, etc. always have this a step.)

Getting the older files back if some update has messing things up... I recall doing this once for some SSE update. Think it involved finding a post from someone who knew their way around the Steam console and about various IDs or GUIDs of fileversion and even how to find them.

Caporegime
OP
@Neil79 Not sure if this is of use to you , and your opening post.....

Mods.png

but this is being used for my start with FO following the latest patch. If you need any info about them lmk :)

Nice!!

For the time being, can you link some of your recommended texture mods etc. I can add them, cheers :D

Soldato
Nice!!

For the time being, can you link some of your recommended texture mods etc. I can add them, cheers :D

Sure, even tho we realise they will be subjective on how we like things to look....

hopefully I have avoided the ones that you have already listed.

Soldato
This is my mod list, nothing too exciting in there but maybe it will help. Sim Settlements is a must for me as I hate the settlement building.

Fallout 4 HD Overhaul is the main texture pack, it is massive mind;

Screenshot-2024-05-02-084437.png

Last edited:
Soldato
@Antony101 Do you install your mods in MO2 via the mod manager itself..? Just wondering as it does not record my version number correctly nor the categories..?

I've just been installing them via the "Mod Manager Download" button on the Nexus.

If you go click this does it help at all;

Screenshot-2024-05-02-090257.png

You may also need to press Import Nexus Cats.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Antony101 Thanks the issue was is tha tI manually downloaded and saved all my mods first. That lost the association with the MO2.

doing one by downloading it via the mod manager option....

new-list.png

you can see tha tthe last mod in that list now shows the correct catergory and version.

Nothing else seems to change that, if the mods have manually been installed from a download folder outside of MO2's mod manager approach.

Sigh, only 45 plus to sort out......

lol

Soldato
@Antony101 have you used Sim Settlements 2 before..? Noted that one, only seen their previous version 1.

For now, well committed once started, I have just gone for the ability to repair Sanctuary etc.....with mods.

Soldato
I've used Sim Settlements 1 before in the past, many years ago. I've never actually managed to complete Fallout 4 in the past as I always used to lose interest in it due to being "forced" into using the settlement builder. It's handy just being able to drop down a City Plan and move on to the next quest in the list knowing when you come back the AI would have formed it's own little town whilst you were gone.

I know there is three quite large expansions to Sim Settlements 2 that I haven't installed and I believe they add wars and all sorts of other things to the game.

Soldato
Interesting. I might be happy enough with the Rebuild Sanctuary type mod, at least that allows houses to be rebuilt instantly, when you have accumulated enough steel.

Downloading the mods, as you have done, does download an additional "meta" file that must provide the information needed by the mod manager. Damn, I have some large downloads to do......At least there are less than 50 of them..!

I had downloaded a recently updated creature mods seems most impressive. But, my concerns is that in the early game it seems to be a bullet sponge that I need little help in that respect.

Associate
is there any way to get this 120 FPS?
In "Fallout4.ini" config settings try setting,
[Display]
iPresentInterval=2

In "Fallout4Prefs.ini" config settings try setting,
[Display]
iPresentInterval=2

**Save as Read Only**

In nVidia control panel I have set:
Low Latency = On
Monitor tech - G-Sync compatible
Preferred refresh rate = Highest available
Threaded Optimisation = On
Triple Buffering = On
V-Sync = Off
Virtual pre-rendered fames = 1

Also, for those stuck on odd resolutions on 3440x1440p displays, change the Windows scaling back to 100%

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom