Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Caporegime
Finished it last night, thought it kept up the quality throughout really well. Some cool revelations and twists and the ending was good. Let's hope season 2 isn't too long a wait!

Soldato
I do think(hope) it was just down to budget and saving till they found out if it was going to be popular, they held back on the robots and creatures. Yeah we saw a gulper and some radroaches but no supermutants, no mirelurks, none of the other monsters and only a little glimpse at an assultron but none of the other robots.

Caporegime
Seems to be getting good reviews. Thinking about trying it. How much does it hit you over the head with modern day bs though? Or is it mostly free of that stuff?

I am only 4 episodes in but the lead women is actually pretty good. From the original trailers it did seem a bit woke and tick box but in reality she has that personality because she has been brought up in a vault which is a good touch. You can see her character evolving as she learns more about the wasteland.

The way the Brotherhood of Steel have been depicted as a bit of cult does seem a bit odd. They are more like Mandalorians in the game.

Soldato
Seems to be getting good reviews. Thinking about trying it. How much does it hit you over the head with modern day bs though? Or is it mostly free of that stuff?
Its pretty good, only 3 in myself but there's no girlbossing/mary sue showhorned crap for the sake of it that the likes of rop or wot have. Only grip is that its a bit too clean/colour palette is more in line with say borderlands than the fallout universe, and some of the cgi is a bit ropey. Also BoS are 'wrong'.
The way the Brotherhood of Steel have been depicted as a bit of cult does seem a bit odd. They are more like Mandalorians in the game.
agreed

Soldato
By that do you mean a cast representing people who aren't straight and white? You really should 'try' not to get wound up by 'that stuff'.
Not quite what I meant.

I'm thinking more along the line of identity politics. Is the lead strong female character an obnoxious impossibly powerful Mary sue who puts all the snivelling men in their place ;)

I get zero enjoyment from watching that.

If she's a believable character with good development and good writing, then I'm interested.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not quite what I meant.

I'm thinking more along the line of identity politics. Is the lead strong female character an obnoxious impossibly powerful Mary sue who puts all the snivelling men in their place ;)

I get zero enjoyment from watching that.

If she's a believable character with good development and good writing, then I'm interested.

Ah fair enough, apologies for tarring you with 'that' brush.

As Junglist said, it's not like that, and it's super.

Associate
I do think(hope) it was just down to budget and saving till they found out if it was going to be popular, they held back on the robots and creatures. Yeah we saw a gulper and some radroaches but no supermutants, no mirelurks, none of the other monsters and only a little glimpse at an assultron but none of the other robots.
We did see a supermutant, ep3

Soldato
yeah liked it a lot as well, great adaption and just shows how much good story is in this game universe. Imagine what a fallout 5 could be like with a better engine

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm enjoying this more as it goes on. The first episode annoyed me and took me several goes to get through but found it easier and more enjoyable as it has progressed.
I think the immediate vault 33 disaster, mystery box/conspiracy just irked me. It does feel like the only kind of story telling that gets made these days and it overused. A general comment on modern TV not just Fallout, can we not get a few episodes in before we have our conspiracy or upset the underlying premise.
I'm happy the reviews are good as I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm at episode 2 and it's just not hooking me in :o :o

The black guy is completely unlikeable, doesn't have any acting skills and I'm sure will fall in love with the Fallout girl at some point :rolleyes:... Because Diversity YEH!
The doctor had his leg drilled into, and yet he was hardly screaming in pain or at least fainting..
The female lead is as hot as hell, but I'm surprised she even made it out the vault
Not sure if the show is trying to be serious or a poor quality drama.. I mean seriously, it's Doctor Who at times
The mutant creature at the start, I've seen better cosplay outfits!
The only decent actor so far is the cowboy mutant, but how long will that last?

I was a massive fan of the original PC versions of Fallout, but I think people are just rating it 10/10 BEST EVER is just because it's based around Fallout

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm at episode 2 and it's just not hooking me in :o :o

The black guy is completely unlikeable, doesn't have any acting skills and I'm sure will fall in love with the Fallout girl at some point :rolleyes:... Because Diversity YEH!
The doctor had his leg drilled into, and yet he was hardly screaming in pain or at least fainting..
The female lead is as hot as hell, but I'm surprised she even made it out the vault
Not sure if the show is trying to be serious or a poor quality drama.. I mean seriously, it's Doctor Who at times
The mutant creature at the start, I've seen better cosplay outfits!
The only decent actor so far is the cowboy mutant, but how long will that last?

I was a massive fan of the original PC versions of Fallout, but I think people are just rating it 10/10 BEST EVER is just because it's based around Fallout
I agree with a lot of the things you say. Up until ep4 I felt very similar. It definitely gets better, so stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom