FAO Young drivers (17-18)

I live in an area in the British Isles where you can learn to drive from the age of 16.. although not many pass at 16. Luckily I managed to, and im driving a peugot 206 1.4l, shared between mum and I.

17-20 (now) 1.2 clio
20-21 looking at new golf gti !

Brother,
17 modified 1.4 zetec 03 fiesta and he passed within 6 weeks with 2 tests!
also some scooter at 16, and now has yamaha 125 road crosser that hes done up him self.

Thanks,
I think its the same colour as yours (pepper red?)

Yeah i love it, great handling car. 1.8 wasn't any dearer than the 1.6 on insurence.

Also If I remember tomorrow after work I will take some pictures and put them up on ocuk motors website and here

Welshy said:
Nice for some eh?

Though to be honest, id rather they didnt do that, people dont learn the value of hard work when they get handed things

hardly ?

theres a bit of a difference between your parents wanting you to drive a newer (and generally more reliable) car and helping you out, and being a spoilt brat who'se never earned anything in his life.

I was bought my VW Polo at 18. It was only 6ks worth, so was hardly of massive value, and crucially being a VW, even when not properly serviced never gave me a moments trouble. But i work damn hard for everything i've got. The cost of the components in my PC come to over 2k. But all of thats been bought with my own hard earned cash.

just because your parents buy you a car, doesnt mean your some spoilt rich kid. Mind you though, if you were bought a brand new £30k Lexus on your 16th birthday, like some kid did on MTV's "sweet 16" today, thats spoilt.

I would class as having a £6k car bought for you as a gift as spoilt.

My parents paid for 1/2 of my 1st years Ghia X insurance (The policy was £2200) and I thought I was spoilt.

Yes, my mondeo is pepper red but the bonnet has been shot blasted over the years (just coming up to 120k!) and there is rust on the wheel arch. I may sell it soon though. I do like it a lot though and the interior and mechanics are immaculate (so, I may just whack it in the bodyshop for a spruce up).

Back
Top Bottom