• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

Caporegime
This is one of the first brand new games where I have not experienced any major issues, crashes, stuttering etc. Makes a refreshing change.

Deathloop crashed on launch for me initially.

Associate
It is not a bad game if do do not expect to much from it and just want a bit fun over the weekend and all game have bugs when released.
It’s definitely a good game. It’s unfortunate the NVIDIA side is just full of issues with stutter, low cpu utilisation and blurry textures. For me, Cyberpunk 2077 was more stable at launch.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It’s definitely a good game. It’s unfortunate the NVIDIA side is just full of issues with stutter, low cpu utilisation and blurry textures. For me, Cyberpunk 2077 was more stable at launch.

Have we not seen this before though. When the shoe was on the other foot (nvidia made/sponsored game, runs poor on AMD) people just dismissed it as AMD cards were inferior and blamed the old 'drivers' reasons. Now we have this scenario mirrored the other way, suddenly nvidia users are in that predicament - some are blaming the game, less are blaming the manufacturer?

Caporegime

Same here, cyberpunk played pretty much flawlessly for me, no crashes at all when I first played through it on my vega 56 nor on my second play through with the 3080 in Jan. Only issue I had with the game was some floating objects. Saying that, I have never really had any issues/crashes with games (on both amd and nvidia) for as long as I can remember, unless it has been one where it was a complete disaster.

Have we not seen this before though. When the shoe was on the other foot (nvidia made/sponsored game, runs poor on AMD) people just dismissed it as AMD cards were inferior and blamed the old 'drivers' reasons. Now we have this scenario mirrored the other way, suddenly nvidia users are in that predicament - some are blaming the game, less are blaming the manufacturer?

Difference is, this game is "broken" for nvidia users, it's not so much a case of performance (well it is if you're getting stuttering or/and fps drops to 5 out of nowhere).

I don't recall of amd gpus having game breaking "issues" with nvidia sponsored games? Witcher 3 and crysis 2 went overboard with the tessellation but cdpr later added a tess slider and amd could over ride the tess. setting through the amd control panel anyway. Batman arkham games with physx just lowered performance and for most of the effects, they couldn't even be enabled on amd gpus anyway, arkham knight was broken for every pc setup regardless of nvidia/amd.

It’s not though for those that meet the minimum spec if using the HD textures, is it.

Have a read through this thread, other forums and reddit and you'll see people from all kinds of systems having issues, here's the 46 page thread from ubi where people are having issues even when not playing at 4k or/and not using hd texture pack:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/top...urry-in-game-post-here/902?lang=en-US&page=46

Ubi have acknowledged it as a problem and have said they are looking into it because it also affects consoles and amd gpus but to a much lesser extent compared to nvidia.

Still don't quite understand/get why people are ignoring the fact that it is a common issue :confused:

EDIT:

Ubis thread where they have a list of all issues they are looking into:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/top...-for-your-issue-updated-22-10-2021?lang=en-US

Last edited:
Caporegime
Its clearly not broken, I am gaming with it absolutely fine! :p
The TL DR is, mostly people that don't meet the minimum requirements. :p

In other news Football Manager 2022 demo is now available. Need to power through Far Cry 6 in time for November 9th.

Gonna have to be a true #Guerilla and finish the game in the limited time I have available between now and then. :cool:

Caporegime
Its clearly not broken, I am gaming with it absolutely fine! :p

Play for 2 hours and let me know then ;)

Have you read that ubi thread to see people with 3090s having issues with either stutter or textures popping in?

Of course there will be people who play without issues just fine but that doesn't mean that the game is not at fault i.e. take cyberpunk, it played lovely for me with very little issues on launch yet look at most of the other posts, people had all kinds of issues, crashing, severe texture pop in, getting stuck on objects etc. etc.

Then there are a lot of people who aren't sensitive to such issues or/and don't know what to look out for.

Soldato
The TL DR is, mostly people that don't meet the minimum requirements. :p

Matt dont let slip through the net the volume of PEBKAC involved either. Its generally something else's fault before people look at the user.

In other news Football Manager 2022 demo is now available. Need to power through Far Cry 6 in time for November 9th.

Gonna have to be a true #Guerilla and finish the game in the limited time I have available between now and then. :cool:

Waiting for some #guerilla updates and videos before it ends then! :p

Caporegime
And people still keep the fingers in the ears and refuse to accept that ubi have acknowledged it as a problem and still refusing to accept the fact that people are having issues even when not using the HD texture pack and not at 4k..... :o

I wish I could do this in my development job, "sorry you're just doing/using it wrong, I refuse to accept this as bug/issue" :D

Oh dear oh dear, that is all :cry: :D

Also, how come no one is addressing this (think 4th time posted now), if the game doesn't have an issue, can someone explain why the xbox is having texture issues here compared to the ps 5? They have "16GB VRAM" and are using the HD texture pack as people keep saying....

Doesn't meet the narrative eh? Suppose the justification of overpaying has to be done somehow ;)

Uhf8rb8.jpg

Caporegime
Matt dont let slip through the net the volume of PEBKAC involved either. Its generally something else's fault before people look at the user.

Waiting for some #guerilla updates and videos before it ends then! :p
:cry:

I think the novelty has worn off to be honest, I've put up more Far Cry 6 videos than any other game. Mostly of the benchmark sequence tbf as its short and easy to capture. :p

6700 XT Red Devil is on the mantlepiece now. When I say mantlepiece, I do of course mean the window sill of the home office/man cave.
m8WSAkK.jpg

6900 XT back in the main gaming rig so I can run 4K max settings 60-85 FPS. :)

I actually find Far Cry 6 quite difficult to play if FPS drops below 55. The game feels so much smoother up and beyond 60 FPS and around 70 feels very fluid.

I'd rather drop some settings to get more FPS If I was lacking grunt/video memory in this game.

Soldato
Mine seems happy @ 73fps which I have it set for the monitor range. I find the quest and core of these games does wear off fast in them all to be honest, like valhalla though I drift off on the sidequests and stories when it suits as its far more entertaining and allows you to 'explore' which is what I think brings the most to the table on these open world (massive map) games!

I know the AI is horrific at times but that's what makes me chuckle. The unpredictable stuff they do is different, would be too scripted and robotic if everything worked perfect and no chaos ensued. :cry:

Caporegime
Mine seems happy @ 73fps which I have it set for the monitor range. I find the quest and core of these games does wear off fast in them all to be honest, like valhalla though I drift off on the sidequests and stories when it suits as its far more entertaining and allows you to 'explore' which is what I think brings the most to the table on these open world (massive map) games!

I know the AI is horrific at times but that's what makes me chuckle. The unpredictable stuff they do is different, would be too scripted and robotic if everything worked perfect and no chaos ensued. :cry:
Yep it is horrific and always has been, but as you say that's part of the fun. :D

If you stick to normal weapons and explore its good fun and a bit challenging, choppers are a pain if you don't have a rocket launcher or explosive rounds.

I keep away from vehicles (tanks/choppers/planes) for the most part other than driving a car/boat if needed as it adds to the challenge.

Most likely this will be a one time playthrough for me, so I will put a decent amount of time into that run making sure I explore a fair bit.

Back
Top Bottom