• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

Soldato
OP
Does the game completion tracker track just the story mission progress or progress of every optional thing to do?

it says I'm 30% done but dunno if that's the story or everything else

Caporegime
I've probably put more time into it (or further on) than the people who think this is the next coming :p

9OlcMVG.png

I am somewhat racing through it though as the story/characters itself is crap (not a patch on FC 3 and not even FC 4, which I didn't like either...), skipping every cutscene that doesn't have Giancarlo Esposito in it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
50% played through now buddy! To be honest got HZD and Metro next so not going to hang about once its done. Why people cant just play it for what it is and enjoy it I have no idea. :)
My graphics card does not have enough vram to run this game apparently, so I will have to wait until next year. Playing Age of Empires 4 that just came out right now. Awesome campaign where it covers real battles that took place 1000 years ago here in England and Normandy France.

Soldato
Compared to Cyberpunk's NPCs though, the few ones that are there in Far Cry 6, at least for the enemies out and about, they're Mensa-level IQ. In CP2077 they're still part of the primordial soup being boiled up to something worth noting. I think they made the right choice in FC6, they could only afford a few and they limited them as best as possible in order to get the most out of them as far as reactivity and behaviour is concerned (just compare their behaviour in cars and when driving as you encounter them, it's a ridiculous difference between the games). In CP2077, but even AC, Witcher 3 the NPCs are all just props essentially. In fact while for @Nexus18 it might be a benefit to have as many dumb NPCs in one spot pretending to be a crowd, for me personally I ended up having to reduce crowd density to medium because all it did on high was make city centre areas more difficult to navigate through because now the "mass" of the crowd swelled up so much it just blocked the paths so you'd have to run into/through them, and it did absolutely nothing for the rest of CP2077 which was as deserted as always on every setting, and of course they're so dumb all they have are fixed pathfinding routes and that's it, so it's not even helping sell the illusion better it just makes the shortcomings that much more obvious.

And don't get me started on Unity. I want to puke thinking of the horrific pop-in they had to ship that game with just so they made those crowds possible. In the end they put a lot of those on screen and it was pure *****. Thanks, but DUCK no!

The only open-world game worth mentioning with regards to NPC life is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but that's not perfect either. Nonetheless it's the closest anyone's been to doing anything. Not sure when things will get better for that aspect but no sooner than a few years, and it might have to add in some server-side assistance, like the Massive guys have done for The Division 2 and are looking to expand on with Avatar.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Compared to Cyberpunk's NPCs though, the few ones that are there in Far Cry 6, at least for the enemies out and about, they're Mensa-level IQ. In CP2077 they're still part of the primordial soup being boiled up to something worth noting. I think they made the right choice in FC6... In fact while for @Nexus18 it might be a benefit to have as many dumb NPCs in one spot pretending to be a crowd, for me personally I ended up having to reduce crowd density to medium because all it did on high was make city centre areas more difficult to navigate through ..and it did absolutely nothing for the rest of CP2077

Oh right. So reinforces my opinion then in #1157, I appreciate another balanced input from a gamer that has played said game! :p Glad I didn't "overlook" it then. :cry:

Caporegime
Compared to Cyberpunk's NPCs though, the few ones that are there in Far Cry 6, at least for the enemies out and about, they're Mensa-level IQ. In CP2077 they're still part of the primordial soup being boiled up to something worth noting. I think they made the right choice in FC6, they could only afford a few and they limited them as best as possible in order to get the most out of them as far as reactivity and behaviour is concerned (just compare their behaviour in cars and when driving as you encounter them, it's a ridiculous difference between the games). In CP2077, but even AC, Witcher 3 the NPCs are all just props essentially. In fact while for @Nexus18 it might be a benefit to have as many dumb NPCs in one spot pretending to be a crowd, for me personally I ended up having to reduce crowd density to medium because all it did on high was make city centre areas more difficult to navigate through because now the "mass" of the crowd swelled up so much it just blocked the paths so you'd have to run into/through them, and it did absolutely nothing for the rest of CP2077 which was as deserted as always on every setting, and of course they're so dumb all they have are fixed pathfinding routes and that's it, so it's not even helping sell the illusion better it just makes the shortcomings that much more obvious.

And don't get me started on Unity. I want to puke thinking of the horrific pop-in they had to ship that game with just so they made those crowds possible. In the end they put a lot of those on screen and it was pure *****. Thanks, but DUCK no!

The only open-world game worth mentioning with regards to NPC life is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but that's not perfect either. Nonetheless it's the closest anyone's been to doing anything. Not sure when things will get better for that aspect but no sooner than a few years, and it might have to add in some server-side assistance, like the Massive guys have done for The Division 2 and are looking to expand on with Avatar.

Oh right. So reinforces my opinion then in #1157, I appreciate another balanced input from a gamer that has played said game! :p Glad I didn't "overlook" it then. :cry:

How are the likes of gta 5, fc 6 etc. npcs "that much" better better than cyberpunks path based npcs though? (unless we count things like npcs reacting to being on fire "massively" better?) My point still stands, do you want to be able to have a full blown on conversation/AI like thought process for every single NPC you interact with? As said there, they focussed on what mattered when it came to side/main missions where the characters/npcs involved in it were very good (helped that they had good character development and missions/setting to go with it though).

Not sure how you can say for the npcs out there and about in fc 6 being mensa level iq given there are virtually none..... :cry: Heck, most of the side/main mission characters don't even move from their "x" spot unless involved in a mission with you. Enemy npcs is a whole different ball game and again, having played both, I wouldn't exactly say either one was leagues apart (FC 6 is better no denying here but worlds apart??? Nope) and also, a fairly pointless comparison again given the completely different genre....

As for the outer areas of cyberpunk/night city town being dead, well that's probably because it is a wasteland/desert like and where "nomads" reside, in fact, pretty sure they covered that in the story/main mission about how it was a deserted setting with abandoned buildings and why "nomads" like the quietness/wilderness away from the cluttered/noisy city life.

Like I said they do the job of giving a dense lived in city with life to it, nothing more, nothing less.

Lets put it this way, could you imagine the abuse that some in here would give cp2077 if they only had a handful of people in a town setting ;)

Edit:

Division 2 is no better than FC 6 either. It's the exact same but can forgive/overlook it because of the setting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom