• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

Associate
this is a trend with all new aaa games. there are no texture options, there is only one and only texture pack that is made for actual gameplay, and all other options just exist to blur them horribly to gain small amounts of VRAM back

rdr 2 is the same. going from ultra to high textures is going from ps4 gen textures to ps3 gen textures, and i'm not even kidding. medium textures on the other hand just look like ps2, and low textures teleports you to ps1. i remember similar other games, these options are just arbitrary now lmao. you either have enough vram to get the best possible textures or you play with obnoxiusly blurry horrible textures
Hopefully some modder may come up with a lite version of this texture pack in the future for those of us on 10-12GB GPUs. For now it just uses 6GB at 4K (even AC Valhalla uses 8GB), and looks terrible. I think since the consoles use the HD Pack as a baseline, virtually no effort was put into the stock textures at al

I am starting to play Guardians of the Galaxy now and textures are really good. Maybe not as good as the ground texture in FC6 with the HD Pack but definitely miles better than that stock crap. Don’t think I can tolerate those blurry stock textures in FC6 anymore. I still think this is by design and won’t play this until they remove that stuttering with FSR so I can play it.

Associate
Patch Notes here. Title Update 2 Deployment [Updated November 3rd, 2021] | Ubisoft Forums

Once again the patch fails to change the minimum requirements to use the 4K Texture pack at 4K max settings. Wonder how many patches it will take @gpuerrilla? :p

Patch size is 22.4GB for me, must be 18GB if you don't have the 4K pack i guess.
Patch Notes here. Title Update 2 Deployment [Updated November 3rd, 2021] | Ubisoft Forums

Once again the patch fails to change the minimum requirements to use the 4K Texture pack at 4K max settings. Wonder how many patches it will take @gpuerrilla? :p

Patch size is 22.4GB for me, must be 18GB if you don't have the 4K pack i guess.
They changed the min requirements to 12GB Ultra settings with ray tracing for 1440p but even with this patch HD Textures still don’t work.

Caporegime
They changed the min requirements to 12GB Ultra settings with ray tracing for 1440p but even with this patch HD Textures still don’t work.
Did they? Fair enough.

Probably will run below 4K but with some compromises to image quality and or performance in terms of average and minimum FPS if you were to compare it to a 16/24GB graphics card. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I ended up playing quite a bit with HD textures off yesterday, testing stuff, and tbh the difference is forgettable, so not sure those playing with Nvidia GPUs should be that bothered if they can't use them.

One thing's for sure though, at 4K 1.3x reso scale, with SMAA, the game looks so crisp, I definitely want my GPU to handle that at 60+ fps when I re-play it in a few years.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I ended up playing quite a bit with HD textures off yesterday, testing stuff, and tbh the difference is forgettable, so not sure those playing with Nvidia GPUs should be that bothered if they can't use them.

One thing's for sure though, at 4K 1.3x reso scale, with SMAA, the game looks so crisp, I definitely want my GPU to handle that at 60+ fps when I re-play it in a few years.

Pony is the scale set in the control panel?

Caporegime

I thought the standard textures looked fine too tbh. Sure it looks better at 4K with the texture pack, but the difference is not enough to worry about IMO if your GPU does not meet the requirements.

Caporegime
Seems some peoples jimmies are still rustled :cry: Is it because they're wrong (and proven wrong time after time) or/and because they spent all that extra money for basically 10% more perf... take your pick :D @TNA which one you reckon?

Also, why turn off the texture pack when it works fine for the majority of the time? And secondly, why settle for turning it off and then getting a visually worse experience than new dawn and FC 5 :cry:

EDIT:

Maybe it's because ubi have "officially" lowered the vram requirement down to 12GB..... :eek: Even more reason to have the jimmies rustled :cry:

Caporegime
..and "LAH LAH" with obligatory statement of "I wasn't the one bringing CP up but here's some guff screenshots of plebs voting it better than sliced bread and something negative to say about FC6"
In other news it looks like the patch took out a mission that was not supposed to be in the game, featuring Danny Trejo. Danny Trejo Was Added to Far Cry 6 Too Early - IGN

Did you play that mission?

You know the drill, fingers in ears post incoming in... ;):cry::p
Called it, almost the next post as well! :cry:

Soldato
Pony is the scale set in the control panel?
It's in the game's settings, advanced I think. Same menu as FSR.

In other news it looks like the patch took out a mission that was not supposed to be in the game, featuring Danny Trejo. Danny Trejo Was Added to Far Cry 6 Too Early - IGN

Did you play that mission?

Sadly I did, it was really cringy and changed in tone compared to the rest of the game, it strikes a very dissonant chord. If I could disable it from the game entirely I would.

Soldato
My 3080 cant do 4k 1.3 resolution scale even with HD textures off ;)

4K OLED, Ultra settings, RT off, HD textures off, FSR UQ gets a nice smooth 100 fps though and doesn't look too shabby! Shame there's no DLSS :cry:

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It's in the game's settings, advanced I think. Same menu as FSR.

Sadly I did, it was really cringy and changed in tone compared to the rest of the game, it strikes a very dissonant chord. If I could disable it from the game entirely I would.

Thanks.

I completed it too (kind of forced you on it as you logged on) then got on the bike with no direction of where to deliver to! Then seen later next day it was released by mistake lol.

Matt you missed out on some awesome Taco's soldato!

Caporegime
My 3080 cant do 4k 1.3 resolution scale even with HD textures off ;)

4K OLED, Ultra settings, RT off, HD textures off, FSR UQ gets a nice smooth 100 fps though and doesn't look too shabby! Shame there's no DLSS :cry:
I could easily play at 4K with FSR UQ since it looks good. I can notice the small drop in image quality, but all those extra FPS make it worth it IMO if you need the extra frames.

As an example, my 6900 XT, overclocked can handle 4K max settings easily, with FPS generally 60-90 range, averaging way over 60.

However, my 6800 XT is around 20%+ slower, so that brings the FPS down so using that card I would choose to use FSR UQ at 4K max settings for the small hit to image quality, which is largely unnoticeable when playing normally and I'd happily take those extra FPS.

Matt you missed out on some awesome Taco's soldato!
:cry:

Caporegime
Looking at latest threads on ubi forums, seems the update broke the game for loads of people. Verifying files didn't fix it for me so I'm doing a reinstall to see if it fixes it and noticed this:

dKlBkGW.png

So requirements aren't even 12GB now?! :p

Back
Top Bottom