• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FarCry Artifacts...

Soldato
Rroff said:
If I have FSAA and HDR enabled while playing farcry (even if FSAA x4 is set in the control panel but disabled in farcry) I get a lot of complete video lockups - sound still plays fine but I am forced to hit the reset button - this always happens in the same places/while looking same direction - and doesn't happen if either of the 2 are disabled entirely... as I play at high res I usually disable FSAA and enabled HDR.

Have seen a bit about this around the net, It may be different between ATI/Nvidia Cards. Anyone with an ATI card able to run HDR&FSAA ?

You have one distinct advantage! If I get the settings wrong I get a full blue screen Lockup :p

Soldato
no_1_dave said:
I get the same frame rate. 11 Is the brightest most extreme HDR & 1 is at the other end. I chose 7 cos its half way between & looks good (its also what's in most guides).

Thanks Dave, I will experiment some more.. ;)

Soldato
no_1_dave said:
Or force v-sync in your nvidia control panel for farcry

You Just gave me a pointer there.. :D playing with settings in Farcry, I had overlooked the fact that I have forced some options in my ATI control panel which would overide the game... Best I turn everything to application preferrence.

Might be an issue for other people also !

Back
Top Bottom