Favorite Sandwich

Soldato
Two slices of white bread, covered with dairylea cheese spread and topped with a packet of walkers cheese and onion crisps.

Thick slices of corned beef (from a tin) with HP Brown sauce.

Gammon left from a roast the day before topped with a fried egg on a crusty baguette.

Chicken tikka warmed and topped with rocket and pepper.

Pastrami and corned beef on rye from Katz's Deli New York.

Bacon, sausage and fried bread with HP brown sauce.

Bacon and egg with ketchup.

Pork, stuffing and crackling on a bread cake.

Turkey and stuffing w/ pigs in blankets as a snack on Christmas day night.

I'm starving now...

Last edited:
Soldato
Bump!

I've recently been really into Corned Beef with english mustard, pickled gherkins and tomatoes. It's fantastic.

Another great one, which I haven't had for a while, is Tuna with sweet chilli sauce, red onion, fresh coriander. Sometimes with sliced boiled egg too.

Associate
Current fun one, Bacon, Brie and Cranberry sauce :) nom nom
There's a butty shop near me that does a mega muffin for £3.50 and it's two sausage, 2 bacon, black pudding, mushrooms, beans, cheese, fried egg and a hash brown.

Soldato
Mine is cheese (something melty), onion, pepperoni (or similar smoked meat) and jalapenos. All toasted in a panini or ciabatta roll.

I like bacon and brie but not fussed on cranberry, BBQ sauce would work wouldn't it?

Soldato
Once upon a time it was a hot pork sandwich from The Pork Joint in Wolverhampton, I had one a few years ago and it wasn't as good as I used to remember. They've moved the counter at least twice in the years I've been visiting.

Home made a steak and horseradish baguette or croque monsieur.

Soldato
My standard lunchtime sandwich is some good quality ham and slice of turkey breast with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, pickled gherkins and jalapenos with mayo and a good twist of salt and pepper.

Takes a while to put together, but worth it!

Caporegime
One full size loaf of tiger bread.
Slice horizontally in to 3 pieces (like a big mac).
Butter the bottoms, mayo and yellow mild mustard the tops.
The basically add as many cold cuts and cheeses as you desire.
Feed yourself over the course of an entire day with this.

My best had salami, chorizo, pepperoni, parma ham, bacon, pastrami, roast beef, cheddar, brie, gouda, edam, mozzarella and monteray jack, and I added some jalapenos for extra fun.

Be warned, this is a bowel blocker.

Back
Top Bottom