Favorite Sandwich

Soldato
1 tbsp - Pattaks rogan Josh/madras/balti or whatever you prefer curry paste
1 tbsp - Plain yogurt

Mix this together and maybe add some chopped chillies for a kick of heat and marinate some chicken strips. Wrap it in foil and cook at full power in an oven for 20 mins or so, then finish off under the grill.

Add this to a couple of tortilla wraps with salad and a generous dollop of mayonaise.

They taste great hot or cold.

So what makes a good wrap? I need some ideas!

Last week I had this:

Mission multigrain wraps
Carvery turkey from the deli counter
German pepper salami
Grated mature cheddar
Spinach leaves
Cucumber
Mustand and mayo

And baby plum tomatoes on the side.

Worked pretty well, needs more salad in the actual wrap I think. So I'd stick toms and red onion in there. Also, maybe good ham in place of the salami.

Also, I think this would work pretty well:

White wrap
Houmous
Tabouleh
Lettuce
Chicken
Lemon juice
Paprika

Soldato
Random question but do people prefer cheese sliced or grated in a sandwich, I always find grated to provide more flavour then simply slicing it!

Grated from a block is always best IMO. Cheese that comes out of packet that's already been grated never has the same taste as cheese from a block.

Sliced cheese......maybe for burgers but then again a lot the sliced cheese isn't really cheese at all.

Soldato
Chicken Tikka with fresh corriander leaves, chopped red pepper, a dash of salt and pepper and a splodge of mango chutney all wrapped up in a nice thick granary bread.

Nom Nom.

PS. Its even better with left overs from an actual chicken tikka masala curry so you get a bit of the sauce in there too :)

Caporegime
Chicken Tikka with fresh corriander leaves, chopped red pepper, a dash of salt and pepper and a splodge of mango chutney all wrapped up in a nice thick granary bread.

Nom Nom.

PS. Its even better with left overs from an actual chicken tikka masala curry so you get a bit of the sauce in there too :)

Sounds fantastic. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom