Favourite Jailbroken Applications

Associate
i bought gridlock it was only 99c
Yep, I wouldn't bother faffing about either.
im in need of an app to make endless folders? i got 5 game folders atm would like one i can just scroll down.
As above I use infinifolders, it works great. It's by the same chap (chpwn) who wrote gridlock and a few other tweaks: http://chpwn.com/apps/

The other similar app that's been getting lots of tweets is folderenhancer, but it looks a bit too complicated to me. Infinifolders is nice and simple, although it could do with auto-sorting folder contents by name, I have suggested that but no idea if it's going to be implemented.

Soldato
Yep, I wouldn't bother faffing about either.As above I use infinifolders, it works great. It's by the same chap (chpwn) who wrote gridlock and a few other tweaks: http://chpwn.com/apps/

The other similar app that's been getting lots of tweets is folderenhancer, but it looks a bit too complicated to me. Infinifolders is nice and simple, although it could do with auto-sorting folder contents by name, I have suggested that but no idea if it's going to be implemented.

Think i am going to wait for FolderEnhancer no 4.1 support yet - slated for end of oct though

Soldato
OP
After hours of thinking what the cydia thing was called to lock applications.... I got it :D
Locktopus

should have just searched for lock on cydia lol as i know lockdown pro doesn't work on iPad

Soldato
Bloody hell, didn't realise MyWi was going to cost $19.99, don't know why,but I expected it to be free. TBH the prices seem high all over the store. Is there a cheaper/free alternative?

Edit: Can't say I'm overly impressed so far after playing around with the JB and Cydia. It's taking an absolute age to download and install SBSettings (the only thing I've tried so far - I'm beginning to wonder if it has stalled). MyWi is just an insane price... in fact all prices seem high. My phone now seems slower as well... Cydia itself seems slow, I keep getting error messages when trying to update packages (is that even right?).

I'll give it a few days, but I'm struggling to see what all the fuss was about.

Last edited:
Soldato
This, aside from pretty themes and pirating crappy iPhone games, i don't see any reason to JB. I went back to legit iOS today because I just didn't see the point.

well what was the point in going back to 'legit' (jailbreak isnt non legit ?) what did that gain you ?

better battery life was my main reason for doing it. auto3g or sbssettings are vital.

openSSH is a great thing too, as are themes and widgets (all things i was used too from android)

i can still sync with itunes and stuff so what did i lose ? nothing. what did i gain ? as much as i want too. its not like its hassle to do either. its pretty much one click and one restart.

and yes cydia is slow. its even worse on the older iphones. its a site used by too many people with too many things trying to load up. waiting a few seconds for things to get upto speed isnt really a big deal

Last edited:
Permabanned
This, aside from pretty themes and pirating crappy iPhone games, i don't see any reason to JB. I went back to legit iOS today because I just didn't see the point.

My reasons:

- Free tethering over USB or WiFi
- Enhanced iPod functionality
- Being able to explore the file system of my iPhone (openSSH)
- Android lock screen
- Ability to show new emails/notifications/texts/calendar alerts on the lock screen
- Customize icon layout, 5 spaces on the dock for example
- Able to download any application for free, not everything has a trial or preview
- Better multitasking
- Use WiFi only applications/features over 3G

and that's just off the top of my head.

Bloody hell, didn't realise MyWi was going to cost $19.99, don't know why,but I expected it to be free. TBH the prices seem high all over the store. Is there a cheaper/free alternative?

Like pretty much anything when it comes to software, you can get it for free if you look hard enough.

There's actually a glitch with MyWi where you can download the trial and keep putting the date back and it'll never expire. Or you can find a cracked version on Cydia if you have the right sources, we cannot discuss that here though.

Last edited:
Associate
They are working on the user experience of Cydia, I'd imagine a lot of the speed issues updating are due to the decentralised nature of pulling sources in from multiple places. Once those are loaded though it works fine.

Soldato
How badly does my wifi drain the battery life with the new version? I'm out on Friday and wouldn't mind tethering my wifi iPad...

Any issues with L1merain jailbreak? I've heard various comments about it being a bit buggy.

Permabanned
how do you use new icons? i want to change my folders to better icons.

I don't know how to change the icons specifically but you can get Winterboard themes to change them at least, I have mine like this:

photooct12214400.jpg

Soldato
OP
How badly does my wifi drain the battery life with the new version? I'm out on Friday and wouldn't mind tethering my wifi iPad...

Any issues with L1merain jailbreak? I've heard various comments about it being a bit buggy.
Could just go for greenp0ison then.. might be more reliable

Caporegime
Hmmm cant seem to find infinifolders..even if i do search, nothing shows up :/...same with infinidock...it shows up in the cydia store but when i go to install it, it says cannot locate package...it recommends to install more sources but i dont know which ones to install...clicked refresh on the changes tab but nothing still.

Would be nice to have infinifolders as im finding 12 apps in a folder not enough so would like to increase that if possible.

Also is there an app in cydia that allows me to have more than 4 apps on the bottom dock??..

Back
Top Bottom