FEAR: Is it Scary?

Soldato
I've had it for a year. I've played it about 5 times :D

I really like the combat bits but i get really creeped out by the bits in between. It's really 'psychological' as it shows shadows etc moving in front of you/messed up people etc. Lots of blood/flashing lights as well which adds to the scaryness.

I generally dont mind scary games. I loved quake 4 but games like fear where i dread playing it dont do it for me. I think if fear wasnt so scary then it would be one of my favourite games.

Oh and also, the sound has a lot to do with the scary atmosphere. I noramlly turn off the speakers when im going through a scary bit and its all fine then :p

Soldato
I played it for a few hours didnt really find it scarey at all, if anything I was just running around thru section after section and firing at the same identical soldier 50 million times....

thats when I just exited it and never ran it again ;)

Soldato
i liked it all the way through and some bits were creepy to the point where i panic'ed on one point. lol. the combat is great, i love playing it on hard, the grunts are good enemies.

Soldato
At the start it does get a touch repetitive, but when you get into it, and there are enough soldiers for them to actually use tactics against you it does get a lot more involving.

Start off on the hardest difficulty at the start.

Soldato
I'm not a believer of the 'hardest difficulty suddenly makes a mediocre game better' mantra. I've heard so many people say the same for games like Gears of War 'do the insane mode do the insane mode' - sorry, but that doesn't polish a turd :p

Associate
Loved it, thought the combat squad gamplay setup was ace, only bother playing it on the hardest difficulty though.

I played it slow, with a big screen and a good sound setup (rather than charging through - not that that is really possible on the hardest setting), and it creeped me out in places.

My favourite FPS...

Soldato
Play alone with 5.1 sound on an XFi with all the gfx maxed on a large screen in a totally dark room.

Great atmosphere.
The stages in the Hospital made my hairs stand on end.

Very spooky.

Associate
Love this game,
I am one of those who find it is very creepy though. Has a lot to do with the music in it ;)

Working my way through extraction point, or at least I would if it didnt crash on the L2 mission. Keeps locking up at the same point every time wierd.

Soldato
Allattar said:
Working my way through extraction point, or at least I would if it didnt crash on the L2 mission. Keeps locking up at the same point every time wierd.
There was an area on this game that i locked up. It was a rooftop place when you have the big black guy with you, he blows open the door after killing the bad guys.
If i tried to go through the door before the smoke cleared then the mgame locked, if i waited for the smoke to disapear then it was fine.

Back
Top Bottom