US: Fear the Walking Dead

Soldato
But what happens now, do they go back to relative normality? Strange how the biters didn't spread the virus very quickly in the riot.

Why was every car smashed up and on fire, yet his big fat white pick up was untouched right in the middle of the road :p

I thought that two but as he drives off you see there are lots of untouched parked cars, and the bikes until he hits them, so clearly it's at the outskirts of the riot so not impossible - there has to be an edge somewhere right?

Was it me or was there a section where Spanish was spoken and had no subtitle!

About two sentences only, sounded like how are you?

Soldato
It was normal to me. The character doesn't know what a zombie is and has heard nothing about the outbreak. He's just coming home and finds his wife walking toward him with her arms outstretched, looking unwell. Him going to hug her would be appropriate in a lot of cases.

She looked worse than unwell, surely people know what a zombie looks like ;)

Associate
The untouched truck within a riot was a bit silly, i agree lol

Playing Monopoly must have been the dumbest scene so far I mean, come on!, after all that's been seen and done you'd be a complete mess but no!...lets sit down and play a fing board game!...

Putting the bins out in the morning again was a bit silly just after you buried you're neighbour in the garden! lol

And I wish that junkie kid would have a shower and change them bloody clothes!! lol

Soldato
Putting the bins out in the morning again was a bit silly just after you buried you're neighbour in the garden! lol

And I wish that junkie kid would have a shower and change them bloody clothes!! lol

I actually thought the brief scene with the bins was very nice. It showed how blind most people were and how desprate they were to cling to normality.

I do agree about the Johnny Depp-alike though. It takes me out of the show when you're supposed to see him as going through serious withdrawal but he looks fine except for disgusting hair and the grotty clothes he stole from a dead man.

I wanted to see more of the airliner than appeared to waiver in the sky for a minute and then just fly on normally. That looked intriguing for a second (maybe two).

Associate
Was it me or was there a section where Spanish was spoken and had no subtitle!

But what happens now, do they go back to relative normality? Strange how the biters didn't spread the virus very quickly in the riot.

---snip---

About two sentences only, sounded like how are you?

There was a lengthy scene between the three that could have done with subs and then a second scene at the end.

The quickest the time from been bitten to turning from in the original TWD is 2 hours I think, I remember it being a point when Rick was talking to someone although when Andrea dies the guy turned pretty quickly. I think it is plot point they are intentionally vague on as to not trip themselves up in future.

The untouched truck within a riot was a bit silly, i agree lol

Playing Monopoly must have been the dumbest scene so far I mean, come on!, after all that's been seen and done you'd be a complete mess but no!...lets sit down and play a fing board game!...

Even my missus picked up on the pick up truck being untouched and she didn't even see the 'clean suit' gaff in Face Off after the speed boat explosion!

I think the monopoly scene was just a way of showing the mother trying to protect her daughter, who hadn't seen anything of significance yet and the writers couldn't think of anything better within the constraints of the home environment.

The bins were just a nod to people attempting to ignore the bigger picture thinking everything would be sorted in the end type thing.

---

For me it's been really slow and I appreciate they want to develop the story and focus on the outbreak itself but I think they've focussed too much on the point and not too much on the road to that point if that makes sense.

I think it may have worked better by focussing on 5/6 families with an extended episode or two episodes on each and them ultimately meeting to form a 'group'. That way you could see different social interactions and different experiences (one family may lose their children to the virus / one family may have to kill a family member etc). Then the show could significantly exploit issues that would arise in this situation and how well or badly people respond to plight and how it affects the rationality of society etc.

Just my thoughts but I think the show is good, just could have been better. At the moment I don't have any strong emotions to any character whereas in TWD I'd be gutted if Darryl (sp?) and/or Mishawn (sp?) kopped it.

Associate
The quickest the time from been bitten to turning from in the original TWD is 2 hours I think, I remember it being a point when Rick was talking to someone although when Andrea dies the guy turned pretty quickly. I think it is plot point they are intentionally vague on as to not trip themselves up in future.

Episode 5 (i think) in TWD Season 1 when they were in the CDC, the scientist commented that after death the zombie transformation was completely random and didn't have a particular time frame.

Soldato
It's really interesting see how the plague started from the city perspective and the show seems to be going in a good direction.

Who do I think will die?
It's just a guess but i have a feeling Travis X-wife will die in the series, most likely the season finale.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
My prediction

I think the poor woman with the hurt foot is next. If she dies with complications she could cause some problems to the espanic daughter or father

I know they said this series is completely seperate to the main TWD but I personally got a long shot hunch this could be a clever way to tell a back story to a major character further down the line ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I was thinking it would be great if we checked back in TWD and in season 3 they checked through a house where the family had been playing Monopoly... or some similar thing like that. But of course, they are both in very different parts of the US.

It's easy to say 'why on earth are they waving torches about' but I think we think that because we've seen 5 seasons of TWD and things that are blatantly obvious to us (like shoot the head not the body) might take a bit of time for some to realise.

Back
Top Bottom