US: Fear the Walking Dead

Man of Honour
So anyone have an opinion on season 3? don't really want to watch the first few episodes without finishing season 2 and not really inclined to drag myself through the rest of season 2 unless 3 is good.

Caporegime
Promising start to season 3.

Although not sure how I feel about what happened at the start of episode 2, happened too early to the point where it felt out of place (did the actor want to leave the show or something?) and it just seems like a waste of a potentially very good character.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP

Although not sure how I feel about what happened at the start of episode 2, happened too early to the point where it felt out of place (did the actor want to leave the show or something?) and it just seems like a waste of a potentially very good character.

Chris Curtis got offered a role in the up coming Avatar movies so i guess he put in his resignation and they wrote him out. My concern is that there is no leader now and no "Rick". Unless Nick becomes less erratic to fit into the role or the new boy from the Range perhaps.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Chris Curtis got offered a role in the up coming Avatar movies so i guess he put in his resignation and they wrote him out. My concern is that there no leader now and no "Rick" i think Nick will either become less erratic or the new boy from the Range will fit into the group.

Damn, just knew that something was off about his "departure" :( Hopefully the rest of the season won't suffer....

And yeah they will definitely need to get a new alpha leader, perhaps the black guy will take Travis's role. Madison is a bad ass in her own way but not enough to carry the show.

Man of Honour
They kind of killed the potential with Victor for him to be that kind of character with the rubbish they pulled towards the end of season 1/start of 2 it would take a lot to move past that. 1-2 of the actors have the potential as actors but again hamstrung by how their characters have been handled to this point it would take too long to make them convincing.

Caporegime
They kind of killed the potential with Victor for him to be that kind of character with the rubbish they pulled towards the end of season 1/start of 2 it would take a lot to move past that. 1-2 of the actors have the potential as actors but again hamstrung by how their characters have been handled to this point it would take too long to make them convincing.

I can't even recall of what really happened with Victor in the previous seasons, only really remember him escaping with Nick, going on his yacht back to his boyfriends place, killing his boyfriend when he turned and then getting stabbed by the brides mum :p But yeah true that, it is probably too little too late to do anything with the current characters in terms of a new alpha/leader so the only way will be to introduce a new character.

Man of Honour
I can't even recall of what really happened with Victor in the previous seasons, only really remember him escaping with Nick, going on his yacht back to his boyfriends place, killing his boyfriend when he turned and then getting stabbed by the brides mum :p But yeah true that, it is probably too little too late to do anything with the current characters in terms of a new alpha/leader so the only way will be to introduce a new character.

Initially they gave him a bit of mystery and gravitas but then they went and broke it all with a reveal that fell far short of the premise - atleast for me its hard to come back from that with a character to the kind of alpha position you'd need for this show.

Yeah definitely needs a new character.

Just skimmed through the rest of season 2 (thanks to prime didn't have to pay) he was starting to drag a bit anyhow don't think I'll miss the character - first 2 episodes of season 3 atleast are a lot better than season 2.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As someone mentioned the actor has contracts for other stuff. Personally don't think I'm really going to miss him.

Soldato
I have to say, I reckon that that episode was the best one of the entire show. It was alluded to in the previous two seasons that he had done some 'dodgy' things back home whilst in El Salvador, but being an officer with the Black Shadow takes it to a whole different level of dodgy.

Man of Honour
Worth getting back into then? I gave up half way through season 2.

So far season 3 has been MUCH better than the dire season 2 - glad I could skim through the rest of season 2 on Amazon prime without having to pay for it to catch up.

Man of Honour
Not exactly a spoiler but worth waiting until you've watched the episode:

Oh wow they actually did the false teeth gag.

Back
Top Bottom