US: Fear the Walking Dead

v0n

v0n

Soldato
You cannot build survival show without the audience being invested in characters survival. So far we've spent 60 minutes being introduced to number of characters (awfully small number of characters too) and (it could be just me but) I kind of want them all to Lori Grimes off this mortal coil extra pronto. In TWD I was rooting for Rick from scene three. I've got nothing for this bunch of people. No investment whatsoever. Most of them will drive me nuts if they survive past episode two.

Soldato
I enjoyed it a lot, the slow pace worked really well as it allows you to see the virus slowly beginning to take hold rather than dumping everybody into an instant zombie apocalypse like they did with TWD. Not sure about the parents but the son and daughter show a lot of promise. If Alycia Debnam Carey (the daughter) is even half as good in this as she is in The 100 then she'll be awesome.

Soldato
Seems ok so far, a bit slow and the acting is a bit hit and miss. I like the setting, it certainly makes a change from the WD.

The bit where they see the black kid as a zombie and their son runs it over. They almost didn't bat an eyelid. Seemed a very poorly acted scene to say it was the first encounter with a zombie.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The bit where they see the black kid as a zombie and their son runs it over. They almost didn't bat an eyelid. Seemed a very poorly acted scene to say it was the first encounter with a zombie.

Completly agreed with that. I noticed that too. I was like o.O, then more I watched I was like O.o :p

Still, I enjoyed it overall, liked the slow pace to be honest. Looking forward to more :D

Soldato
I liked it, loved the subtle build in the background with the slowly increasing sirens and helis and then with the kids going missing etc.

Huge potential.

Man of Honour
I liked it, loved the subtle build in the background with the slowly increasing sirens and helis and then with the kids going missing etc.

Huge potential.

That is what I'm really hoping to see from it but a lot is going to come down to the writing I think - 1-2 characters aside I don't think it is going to have the same appeal in that way as other shows - atleast so far most of the characters seem pretty bland and forgettable though there is room for some of them to grow into something interesting.

Soldato
Definately. I think it would've got boring of they picked a family of buff, normally adjusted survival experts.

2 teachers, a young girl (albeit supposedly smart one) and a druggy who's about to go cold turkey.. What could possibly go wrong!

Man of Honour
Completly agreed with that. I noticed that too. I was like o.O, then more I watched I was like O.o :p

Still, I enjoyed it overall, liked the slow pace to be honest. Looking forward to more :D

Slightly poorly written but I think they were beginning to suspect something though you'd still expect a little more reaction to actually seeing something like that even if you were beginning to suspect something.

I think they were possibly trying to find some middle ground - trying to not treat the audience like they were idiots but doesn't quite work.

Last edited:
Bloody hell that was shockingly poor. Its a walking dead spin off we know what happens so where's the suspense? Only thing left is to be invested in the characters. Oh, I am on the side of the dead that can't be good! Yeah more Lori/Dale/Carl and less Rick/Daryl/Shane :(

Will watch a few more and give it a chance but its a very poor effort :(

Man of Honour
Wouldn't say it was shockingly poor - unless you wanted an in your face walking dead at its finest episode ramped to 11 - which the series isn't going for (in which case save your time for the walking dead season 6).

Its a more intimate look at how things unravel - albeit maybe not executed in maybe the most interesting style but tons of potential yet.

Last edited:
Wouldn't say it was shockingly poor - unless you wanted an in your face walking dead at its finest episode ramped to 11 - which the series isn't going for (in which case save your time for the walking dead season 6).

Its a more intimate look at how things unravel - albeit maybe not executed in maybe the most interesting style but tons of potential yet.

If they could kill the characters off and start again then I can see the potential.

Back
Top Bottom