Feek's Friday Beer, gin (and whatever you happen to be drinking on a Friday night) Thread

Associate
Let me know what you make of the Hobgoblin Gold - I find them a bit to metallic for my taste.
I'm on Brewdog's punk IPA, which is my go to these days. Also have some Dead Pony Club for over the weekend, and some Sierra Nevada Torpedo.

Quite a bit of hate for Brewdog these days, but I find their Punk IPA very good!
Open to suggestions for better IPA's?

I prefer it to Stone and Sierra Nevada's offerings

Soldato
The first pint has gone in. I repeat, the first pint is through the hoop.

Let me know what you make of the Hobgoblin Gold - I find them a bit to metallic for my taste.

It's not on my list of all-time favourite beers but I do like it as a "see me through" when I just want a couple of pints of something inoffensive.

I did go off it for about a year though because the pleasant faint American hop flavour was replaced by an over-bittered foulicity, but they seem to have sorted that out now.

Last edited:
Soldato
4 wasn't enough. This is the first time I've ever bought alcohol from a 24hr garage but there we are, I did it (jogging distance so it's from my PT hour).

Merry Christmas, all. :)

PS all they had was Heineken 5%. The sacrifices we make...

Associate
nothing wrong with Brewdogs and the Punk IPA is my usual choice at the supermarket..... Well it was! Hard to get at the moment in my neck of the woods.

My go to beer as well - they were £12 quid for a large box at Asda over last couple of weeks so grabbed a few (think the offer has ended now though).

I haz 4090!
Don
It wasn't fantastic, truth be told. :)

I actually lol'd this morning at the picture of you jogging to the 24 hour garage cause you were on an isolation bender and had run out of booze! Did you have to get served through the little "2am bender" anti-burglary sliding tray thing? :D

Soldato
I actually lol'd this morning at the picture of you jogging to the 24 hour garage cause you were on an isolation bender and had run out of booze! Did you have to get served through the little "2am bender" anti-burglary sliding tray thing? :D

Haha, yes, it turns out that a 4 pack of 330ml bottles just about fits through the night service hatch trough. :)

If you thought the image of me jogging down to the garage for grog was funny, you should have seen me on the way back with 3 boxes of beer having refused a bag. Not one of my best ideas, that. :D

Back
Top Bottom