Feek's Friday Beer, gin (and whatever you happen to be drinking on a Friday night) Thread

Soldato
Bartered these from someone in my neighborhood last Sunday. They didn't like dark beers and wanted a crafty project so I swapped for a little paper model kit. Pretty pleased with my haul :)

PZPI15Ll.jpg

Had the Port City and the Hawkshead. Hawkshead was a little harsh and metallic but the porter was lovely, rich and smooth. And at about 7% I had a small nap after :p

Soldato
Pretty good - better than I thought it was going to be. I've lost a little faith in Brewdog since they did the private equity deal, and the leadership clearly needs refreshing, but they do still bring out some decent beers.

This week's delivery arrived earlier this week :) Now Verdant - they're in a different league to Brewdog. Stunning unfiltered pale ales.

1aRKQvd.jpg

Soldato
Our local alehouse opens up again today for takeaway, placed an order already which includes Wild Beer's Millionaire (2 pint takeout) which I can only describe as decadent.
Looks like I'll be getting a 2km walk every other day :)

Soldato
Looks good, you getting these delivered weekly? If so from where/what cost?

It's probably more beer than I would drink in a week there to be fair, but I do like a good IPA.

I'm just picking two or three different breweries each week and ordering direct. Verdant are my favourite but are nearly always out of stock (they restock every Friday, so if you rush... :) ). Thornbridge have no such problems, and seem to be bringing out a good new variety of beers.

I certainly wouldn't be drinking that much in a week! I'm sharing with my brother, who works away for a week and then returns for a week off. I normally make him a beer care package.

Soldato
This was my drink this evening, not my usual fare as it's more of a porter/stout brew, but wasn't bad.

On balance not the kind of thing I would buy routinely, but I wanted to try it. Kasteel triple is very good.

IvP5g7Dh.jpg

Capodecina
Soldato
I managed to buy six cans of "Shattered Dream" from Siren Craft Brew (LINK) - 10% ABV and cost an arm and a leg but seemed appropriate in the circumstances and it tasted absolutely fantastic!

Don
Normally buy a lot from Neonraptor and Northern Monk but had some super stuff from Omnipollo and LIC project recently

Got some from Wylam coming (hopefully tomorrow) not had many of theirs but what I have had have been superb

The TIPA sounds a bit of a challenge :o 10.2% :p

ITEM SUBTOTAL
Wylam_InDefianceofGravity.png
In Defiance of Gravity IPA x Apex

£5.99

Wylam_FinbackSmoothRide.png
Paying The Price For My Smooth Ride DIPA

£7.09

Wylam_ThankYourLuckyStars.png
Thank Your Lucky Stars TIPA

£8.29

Soldato
Well i am working in a Gin distillery at the moment after a long time at home ,i dont think i have even tried gin but the smells comimg out of those copper stills are making me very curious .
kooliburra reserve from aldi ,i have cheap taste, got an addiction to lidl pinotage no mater what anyone thinks i just love it

Soldato
Well i am working in a Gin distillery at the moment after a long time at home ,i dont think i have even tried gin but the smells comimg out of those copper stills are making me very curious . *snip*

Nice. Very interesting too I imagine. Careful with the talk of copper stills and smells though, you'll set @Feek off dribbling. :p

Soldato
Nice. Very interesting too I imagine. Careful with the talk of copper stills and smells though, you'll set @Feek off dribbling. :p

yes very interesting ;),been googling how to make myself ,but much more familiar with vodka and whiskey ,my dads taught me a lot about the appreciation of Irish whiskey and Scottish single malt ,one thing i worry about is ending up with methanol instead of alcohol if i did home brew but im sure this is pretty basic knowledge

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom