FIA Formula E Championship

Man of Honour
OP
It's been around from the start, we can only hope that due to managing batteries, it'll mean sod all and by the time teams are running much more energy dense batteries in a few years time, the rule is scrapped.

Man of Honour
OP
For any Londoners, a demo will be held on Westminster bridge at the end of June, no exact date/time yet, so keep a lookout if you want to see it.

ElectricAutosport.com has learned that the fully-electric FIA Formula E car will run at Westminster Bridge, near the Big Ben, in London in the end of June. It will be the first time that the Spark-Renault SRT_01E will give a full demonstration at a high profile city centre location in Europe. Earlier we saw demonstrations in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
It does mention that Drayson are still going to be involved with the team somewhat.

It is a shame though only one British team now!

Still have no idea who to root for... will have to wait till more of thr drivers are announced I think :p

It'll be driver first year, then have to see what the teams can do when they build their own or if FIA restrict it like normal. If we can have a Williams from the early 90s style team. That go sod it and go get batteries out of a lab which hold 5 times more power than current production batteries(they exist in the lab already), then I'll be supporting them.

My feat is that rather than letting teams develop energy storage, rapid charging etc. Fia will restrict it far to much.

Man of Honour
OP
If they could build enough if these batteries, lots of designs to choose from, there would be no need to swap cars. the cells have already been tested in the lab and work.
And it could well be a reason, as things like car swap is mandated. And I expect to see f1 gype levels of restrictions on batteries and BHP. which is insane.
The speeds and time are low enough, to go back to the glory days of f1 style development. Before restriction became so dominant.

Should be using the series to develop as fast as possible. If we're still swapping cars in second season it'll be sad, if in third season it'll be a tragedy.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Ant Felix da Costa named as second driver for Amlin Aguri

And Mike Conway named as first driver for Dragon Racing.

That leaves just 4 seats to be claimed.

First test starts tomorrow. Wish I could go. I bet it'll be fairly empty and get to see the drivers and teams, far more than most sports.

Man of Honour
OP
Lost all interest in this now after reading that on the BBC.

It's crap, but no worse than f1 with DRS on everylap. This is a one off boost. Each driver gets three boosts a race they can use when ever. So the three drivers with most social media will each get one extra boost, shouldn't make much difference to the race. However it will do amazing work for free advertising and interest.

Still I hate the rule and wish is was demolished.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
no idea, however they haven't actually done that many laps. First day highest lapper was 36laps, easily enough juice in both his cars for that.

Man of Honour
OP
The number of unconfirmed locations and circuit layouts on the calendar is a concern, though.

It's not like f1 where it takes several years to build the track, the first 3 races have the track layout sorted and other than round 5, we now which city is hosting.

Man of Honour
OP
So, the tracks are easy/quick to build?
I thought that the tracks used for electric races will be similar to those used for F1 races. No?

No, they're all inner city road tracks, so they don't need building. Just barriers, pits etc temporarily set up.

Back
Top Bottom